Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Larry Buckel
United States
Whittier
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whether you have a table of kids or competitive players, having to deal with Legendary pirates can be an arduous affair. It's tough enough playing with a table of live Pirates. Instead, I like to use the two black ships as Royal Navy patrol boats. One RN ship starts at Island 1 at the beginning of the game. This ship will rotate Clockwise as a turn indicator just like the Legendary Pirate in the original game. The second RN ship sails randomly to an Island AFTER all players have selected their destinations (at the end of the Navigation phase). This way you never know when you will be ambushed!

All the Royal Navy stats and rules apply. RN must be defeated before firing at other players. They take 4 damage points to their hull before being sunk. Players receive/share 4 Fame Points for each RN ship that is defeated. Before playing, remove the Royal Navy and Privateering cards from the Tavern deck. (I like to keep the RN ship card next to the board to view it's stats). At the end of each round, they regenerate so there are always 2 in the game. At the 6th and 12 rounds, you will have at least one RN ship at Treasure Island. The RN must be defeated before you can bury treasure there.

Due to the second random ship, It is possible for you to have 2 RN's at the same island. Both will have to be delt with before you can fight live players or plunder the island.

I've play tested several times in a Solo version and found it to be enjoyable. I'll post my Solo Varient soon. Comments/Critiques welcome.

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.