Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad my friends and I muddled our way through our first play of this game, as it is really interesting, but the English translation of the rules are awful. Most confusing is the Face of the Company employee.

Quality, Trend and PR tokens that come from cards are covered, but Stars are not. In the rulebook it continually mentions stars "won from the previous fashion month", but the stars from the Face of the Company are not "won". The rules seems to indicate that they are permanent, like the other tokens from cards, but it is not clear, as both the rule entries on converting them to gold money and the bonus when selling designs mention stars that have been won previously, which would make the Face of the Company's stars useless.

Cameron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Nearing Weathertop
mbmbmbmbmb
Zeede wrote:
I'm glad my friends and I muddled our way through our first play of this game, as it is really interesting, but the English translation of the rules are awful. Most confusing is the Face of the Company employee.

Quality, Trend and PR tokens that come from cards are covered, but Stars are not. In the rulebook it continually mentions stars "won from the previous fashion month", but the stars from the Face of the Company are not "won". The rules seems to indicate that they are permanent, like the other tokens from cards, but it is not clear, as both the rule entries on converting them to gold money and the bonus when selling designs mention stars that have been won previously, which would make the Face of the Company's stars useless.

Cameron

I agree - there seems to be about three ways to play this card, based on the threads here. My current theory is the FOTC is reloaded every fashion show (aka "won"), and converted to golden money next show/end of game.

The designer promised us an FAQ "soon" (a month ago)... I hope FOTC is included!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
Malta
Marsalforn
Gozo, Malta
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
I find that asking "what makes sense thematically" always points out the correct usage of cards in this game. In the case of a FoC, this is a person who's been hired to up the perceived cool factor of your company, so as long as you pay their salary, you've got a few extra stars (on the card).

However, these are stars not based on the quality of your actual product (i.e. what you win at fashion shows) but instead is just flash in the pan PR that you're paying for. So the stars that the FoC earns stay on that card and aren't used for anything other stuff like increasing your retail outlet sales. The stars you earn winning awards eventually turn into golden bills because they're real, a permanent part of the legacy of your company. The person you hired to big up your company isn't permanent and will be forgotten in time, so the stars that he/she generates are limited really only to the card.

At least, that's how I read it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Nearing Weathertop
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread ... Stars and Stuff ... clears it up.

The translators of the rulebook clarified that the stars are permanent, but they do convert to gold money also.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.