Subject: Using all the slots... during random selection... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
I know that the assigned slots were designed to prevent excessive overlapping in card types... But doesn't the board just cry out during card selection to just be filled up completely?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leber
Canada
Orillia
ON
flag msg tools
Yin
badge
Yang
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, when I first saw the picture of the board, I thought there's be a set number of each type, which I thought would be cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Pee
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're posting on the 'Geek so that means you know nothing is stopping you from doing this..
... Are you just seeking someone's formal approval?

If so: I say DO IT!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leber
Canada
Orillia
ON
flag msg tools
Yin
badge
Yang
mbmbmbmbmb
How many extra slots would that be? 3? That probably wouldn't be too bad. Might want to find a way to balance it and add some difficulty too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Metzler
United States
Glendale
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering Pinky?"
badge
"Wuhhh... I think so, Brain, but if a ham can operate a radio, why can't a pig set a VCR?"
mbmbmbmbmb
This really isn't a rules question guys...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sheldon Morris
Canada
Fergus
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slaqr wrote:
This really isn't a rules question guys...

Ya, should be in Variants. It might be interesting to try it out with five players though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kali Fitzgerald
United States
Black Earth
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that it could work with 5 players. there was a group playing this way at our local store's pre-release. I could see adding one more monster type to the dungeon to balance out the extra choices. I personally think it might be too many things out there otherwise for fewer players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Valentine
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Um, I'm glad that it was in rules, because until I saw this thread I totally missed that you did not fill up all the slots. Poor vision + skimming = missing key detail.

Lee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederick Ohlmann
msg tools
Holmes108 wrote:
How many extra slots would that be? 3? That probably would be too bad. Might want to find a way to balance it and add some difficulty too.

It will not significantly make the game easier, I think. That's because you still can buy only one (or two) card per trip at the village. So the power would be roughly the same as the village minus the three "less" powerful card.

It may allow a wider range of strategy, of course

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leber
Canada
Orillia
ON
flag msg tools
Yin
badge
Yang
mbmbmbmbmb
TheLazyHase wrote:
Holmes108 wrote:
How many extra slots would that be? 3? That probably would be too bad. Might want to find a way to balance it and add some difficulty too.

It will not significantly make the game easier, I think. That's because you still can buy only one (or two) card per trip at the village. So the power would be roughly the same as the village minus the three "less" powerful card.

It may allow a wider range of strategy, of course

Yeah, although I suggested finding a way to increase the challenge, I actually meant to write that it wouldn't be too bad, in my original post. lol.

I just noticed it in your quote, and I've corrected it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sheldon Morris
Canada
Fergus
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Holmes108 wrote:
...I actually meant to write that it wouldn't be too bad, in my original post. lol.

I just noticed it in your quote, and I've corrected it.

That's kind of funny because I read the quote as saying "wouldn't". When I read your comments here I had to look up into the quote section to realize that I did in fact red it incorrectly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederick Ohlmann
msg tools
Hugin wrote:
That's kind of funny because I read the quote as saying "wouldn't". When I read your comments here I had to look up into the quote section to realize that I did in fact red it incorrectly.

My bad, english being not my main language, I tend to be easily tripped by small error like that

I completely believe that the same kind of error in my native language would have slipped past me ^^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.