Subject: Player accounts rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jörg Baumgartner
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I suppose the resource cards in the player's account are placed under the credit card in player colour. The question is, are they placed face-up or face-down?

Face-up could be a requirement for collecting interest on one's account, but that would also enable a bank robber to see what cards are available for robbery. (I suppose that the cards would still be drawn without knowing what card the robber receives).

How often may the banker be moved in a player's turn?

For example:

The active player may place the banker on the field of the robber (say on a hill hex) by paying one wool and one bricks, then rob the bank accounts of all adjacent player (assuming that all these players have as many or more victory points as the active player). He then moves the banker to another hex (paying a wool and that resource - possibly from his recent robbery). Since he has a settlement on that hex himself, he does his banking, taking resource cards from the bank or adding to his account. He then plays a knight card, lets the robber follow, and once again draws one resource card from the accounts of each adjacent player. If he is really nasty, he moves the banker away and back again, expending 4 more resource cards (including at least two wool) but emptying the accounts of the other players.

Would that be legal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pueblo
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I slightly touched up the English translation on my system, I've been meaning to post it.

From what I gather the rules to say, that would be entirely valid. Provided you have the resources to do it, there is no stopping how many times you can move the banker per turn.

Also, the cards that are in your account are face up. They are placed on the credit card, it's largely just a place to show where your account is held.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Romasanta
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is legal, except that you can only play one development card on your turn (per the basic rules). He could only move the robber once (or twice, if his roll was a "7").

In other words, this is the worst that can happen:
The active player rolls a "7".
He moves the robber and robs players as normal. ninja
He can then pay to move the banker to the robber, rob the players' accounts (as in your example) ninja
Pay to move the banker again and do his banking.
Play a knight card to move the robber to the banker.
Rob the players again.ninja

Then he can't do it anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pueblo
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He asked about moving the banker back and forth though. Imagine doing all the things you posted, ending with the banker and robber both on a forest. He then pays Sheep + Brick to move the banker to a hill hex, then sheep + wood to move him back to the forest.

He could then rob anybody on the forest hex another time. Then move the banker away and back again (resource permitting) to rob them yet again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.