Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph LaClair
United States
Watertown
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I was playing a solo game with two heroes. I drew a card that placed three rats nests on the board. One was in the town hall. My question is two-fold.

1) If a hero inflicts damage on a minion and escapes leaving the minion with another hero who was on the same space, does the minion heal before the other hero has to fight it?

The rules from page 17 simply says the other hero will now have to fight it, it doesn't specify whether or not the minion is fully healed.

2) If a rats nest is at the town hall does it automatically advance the shadow track when it spawns a rat or only when it spawns a second rat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jphien wrote:
1) If a hero inflicts damage on a minion and escapes leaving the minion with another hero who was on the same space, does the minion heal before the other hero has to fight it?

2) If a rats nest is at the town hall does it automatically advance the shadow track when it spawns a rat or only when it spawns a second rat?

#1: "Sometimes a Fight will end and the Minion will
not have been defeated (usually this happens if the
Hero is KO’d or Escapes). If the Minion is a counter
that has been placed on the board, it remains in
the space and Fully Heals any Wounds it had taken
during the Fight. If the Minion is a card, it is simply
discarded." (p. 16)

#2: Hmm, I think it would advance on the second rat, but not sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jphien wrote:

The rules from page 17 simply says the other hero will now have to fight it, it doesn't specify whether or not the minion is fully healed.

Intuitively, it feels like it should be one continuous fight, with no healing, but that's not the way it works.

Here's a link to Jason Hill's answer. He says the minion heals as soon as the first hero escapes. It's not specifically stated, but the second hero is apparently considered a different fight, rather than a continuation of the first fight.

Quote:

Per the Rat's Nest rules on the Werewolf's Minion card, you place a rat on the first available space that does not already have a rat or rat's nest. If you can't, then move the shadow track. So, I'd say the first rat (and each one after) causes the Shadow track to go down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph LaClair
United States
Watertown
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for your answers guys. Not exactly what I wanted to hear as this happened in the first turn of the game. I figure it had to go quick or the shadow track would just get out of control. Unfortunately both of my heroes had only a 2 for combat and were knocked out on the two times I tried to exterminate the nest.

I had to leave for work and will get back to it tonight but it doesn't look promising. I'll probably have to try to beef up but by the time I do that shadow track will be more than I can probably handle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.