Raiding: German
1 Cut Wire each : 0208 , 0209
1E + 2G: 0107
2G + 1E + 1L: 0109
Time: 7 Game Turns
Score: 2 VPs per Dugout cleared ; 2VPs MG position eliminated
Victory: 11 VPs
Special Rules:
Special terrain feature 1 is a fortified French MG position , it has the same attributes as any other MG unit except Grenade fire against is at -2 modifier , Engineer fire at -1.
Because of the intensive fire support , French defenders may not move or fire in the 1st turn.

Historical Notes:NW of Epoye , 21st June 1917.German unit I.R. 159 , after heavy fighting at Verdun in 1916 and more recently in Champagne , found itself opposite a French position nicknamed the ‘ Pestbeule ‘ Operation Rosenblute , a large scale trench raid , was planned with the aim of destroying this troublesome place.Sturmtrupp units were tasked with taking prisoners , capturing material and causing as much damage as possible.Each unit comprised of 4 NCOs and 20 other ranks and were well equipped with explosives and grenades to help destroy enemy bunkers and dug outs.Minenwerfer and artillery prepared the way for the assault and brought such heavy fire to bear that the men said they hadn’t experienced such support fire since Verdun - the French trenches suffered terribly from it’s effect. The sturmtruppen advanced shortly after , breaking through two trench lines before their own support fire forced them back.Although coming under MG fire and an attack by a French assault group , many dugouts were destroyed and 27 of the dazed frontline defenders were taken prisoner with a similar number being killed.The French were well aware of sturmtrupp tactics by this period of the war so most of the defenders had been ordered back when the attack began.A counterattack was launched but too late to catch the retreating Germans. Although a success , the raid didn’t have a long term effect on French operations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Guy

Okmulgee
Oklahoma
msg tools
Where is the special Terrain feature located?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
monsieur houbigant
United Kingdom
St Ives
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
City 'Til I Die
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve ,

Sorry , the MG position is located in 0308.

For Fathers Day I've asked for Raiding on the Western Front , a new book that should spawn many a scenario I'll share with ye.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pelle Nilsson
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
podgispotion wrote:

For Fathers Day I've asked for Raiding on the Western Front , a new book that should spawn many a scenario I'll share with ye.

I ordered it as soon as I saw it, which was last week, and I received the book today. Many nice photos of raiders. Looking at the TOC I recognized one raid that is in the ToV expansion, one that I have made a scenario for that has not been released. But I need to read the book to say more. So many things on my to-read list (and to-play list, like the OP scenario).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.