BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » United States » Midwest

Subject: Grand Rapids or Holland Area Gamers? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
I am relocating to Holland, MI in a little over a month for work and am looking for a few good gamers. Are there any groups out there? I mostly play wargames and a few Euro games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Overweg
United States
ZEELAND
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the area, I grew up in Holland, and now live in Grand Rapids.

My go-to FLGS is Out of the Box Games, Toys, & Puzzles which is located in downtown Zeeland(about 15 mins away from Holland). Here is their Facebook page. They have a good selection, lots of gaming space, and a library of games that you can use. They host a game night every-other Thursday and first Saturday of the month, The Zeeland area boardgamers also host a game night there on the first Friday of the month.

Also check out these sites, I am not sure about how active any of them are, but they could be worth a look:
Grand Rapids Area Boardgamers
Grand Gamers
GR Boardgamers
Grand Rapids War Gamers
West Michigan Tabletop Gamers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff
United States
Western Great Lakes - Owashtinong Aajigaaning
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Holland just had 36 Hours of Games at Hope College and that's always great fun. You'll be able to connect with all sorts of people and opportunities and Out of the Box will be a great place to start connecting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave VanderArk
United States
Coopersville
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Eric,
The Grand Rapids Area Boardgamers will be hosting our second game day of 2012 on April 21 at Out of the Box in Zeeland. Gaming runs from noon to midnight. If you're in the area, feel free to join us.

GRAB members have at least one regular game night per week. Usually there are more than one available. We have a fairly active mailing list with over 100 members. Drop me a note and I'll send you an invitation to join the list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremiah a
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
ChubbsS wrote:
I am relocating to Holland, MI in a little over a month for work and am looking for a few good gamers. Are there any groups out there? I mostly play wargames and a few Euro games.

You are truly blessed to be moving out to Holland. Out of the Box in Zeeland is a great place to start. There seems to be not shortage of gamers on that side of the state, you'll have plenty of opportunities for boardgames.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark G.
United States
Holland
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ChubbsS wrote:

Yes, there is a very active gaming community in both Holland and GR. Out the of Box is Zeeland is a great place to start. Jeff, the owner, hosts a regular game night every other Thursday. The next one on the schedule should be April 5. That would be a good place to meet some of the local gamers and make some connections. I should be there. I hope to meet you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Thanks for all the replies! Sounds like Out of the Box is the place to be for connecting with fellow gamers. I look forward to hanging out there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D a n _ C
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thejeffo wrote:

Also check out these sites, I am not sure about how active any of them are, but they could be worth a look:

Grand Rapids Area Boardgamers

GR Boardgamers

These two are in fact one and the same, in case that isn't obvious from the Yahoo group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff
United States
Western Great Lakes - Owashtinong Aajigaaning
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I should also add that we have a BGG guild, too.

West Michigan, USA
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jay d
msg tools
Holland boardgamer
Hey Dave,
Saw your post and live in Holland. The game day sounds great on 4/21. Can we just stop by to meet some folks and play or is there more involved?
Thanks,
Jay
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark G.
United States
Holland
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jdykst wrote:
Hey Dave,
Saw your post and live in Holland. The game day sounds great on 4/21. Can we just stop by to meet some folks and play or is there more involved?
Thanks,
Jay

You can just show up at Out of the Box in Zeeland on 4/21. Officially, I think the GRAB Day starts at noon, but the store will be open earlier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Vandertol
United States
Grandville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you, now remain in my love. You did not choose me, but I chose you, and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit, fruit that will last. -- Jesus Christ
mbmbmbmbmb
There is also open gaming tonight at OOTB games starting at 6:00. A bunch of the regulars will be there, feel free to come by anytime.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jay d
msg tools
Thanks! See you Saturday!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave VanderArk
United States
Coopersville
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jdykst wrote:
Hey Dave,
Thanks,
Jay

Hey Jay, it's open gaming all day. Open means open to all, as well as no scheduled events. Feel free to show up any time and join in. Take some games if you wish, or just see what games you can get into.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jay d
msg tools
Great, thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.