Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Sautman
United States
Evans
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love fantasy themes and have bought a bunch of games in the past only to trade them when the strategy does not seem to go much beyond rolling the dice. I'm not necessarily looking for a game that is complex, but I like it when I have some meaningful decisions to make. Omen: Reign of War is an example of a game that was simple, but had lots of decisions.

The artwork in this game look great, but after watching the videos and looking at the rules, there does not seem to much more involved that finding a enemy card that you can kill with your AP, rolling a die, and maybe using an object or a stronghold. This reminds me of Runebound as a card game. Is there more to this than that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Murray
United States
HIghland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Hi Mark,

I apologize for the delay. We were only subscribed to the thread here - http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/8566659#8566659

There is plenty of dice rolling, just like D&D. But you definitely do need to think about what, when and how to attack. This also includes your purchasing decisions. For example, which Object has the best chance of giving you the edge over your opponent? Which will give you the most bang for your buck? A dreadful Event card may be just around the corner. Should I spend all of my gold now? This is very apparent in a four-player game. So yes, there are decisions to be made in addition to rolling the die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.