Subject: Using"1x under deck" after the battle is over rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan C
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's say I declare a battle a win: I needed 5 points to win, and I am showing 5 value on my displayed fighting cards. Now, can I put one of the, say, value 2 cards under the deck with the "1x under the deck" ability? Or can I not, because that would reduce my fighting cards value down to 3 (even though battle is over)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart de Vos
Netherlands
Groningen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The fighting value is calculated at the end of your turn. The only ability which gets activated then is the 'double' ability. So if you declare a win, you can't use the below the pile ability anymore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moisés Solé
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
robertopellizini wrote:
The fighting value is calculated at the end of your turn. The only ability which gets activated then is the 'double' ability. So if you declare a win, you can't use the below the pile ability anymore.

And -1 step. (And Copies of those two)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Woodward
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
a.k.a. The Shire
badge
Waggle, waggle
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I use "1x under deck" when there are no cards in the deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
manukajoe wrote:

Yes; in that case, make the deck again by shuffling the discards, so that there exists a non-empty deck to put the card under.
rules about 1x below the stack wrote:
If the Robinson stack is empty, shuffle the Robinson discard pile (see »No more cards in the Robinson stack« on page 7).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Fish
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
referee wrote:
robertopellizini wrote:

Why can't I use the "-1 step" ability, and then use "under-the-stack" ability to put the card under the pile?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space is intentionally left empty]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thefishman wrote:
referee wrote:
robertopellizini wrote:
Why can't I use the "-1 step" ability, and then use "under-the-stack" ability to put the card under the pile?
Because the rules explicitly state that the ability only triggers at the end of the round, see the ability description in the rules for details. This is one of the few abilities that can't be used at any point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Fish
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
gotcha

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Raggio
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
russ wrote:
manukajoe wrote:

Yes; in that case, make the deck again by shuffling the discards, so that there exists a non-empty deck to put the card under.
If the Robinson stack is empty, shuffle the Robinson discard pile (see »No more cards in the Robinson stack« on page 7).

In this case we'd happily bury a very weak card knowing it is now at the very bottom of the newly created draw deck?

in the case of a very short draw pile it might make sense to bury a strong card knowing we can get it back soon, especially if we've already used its ability?

The rules confused me a bit. When I read "The Robinson stack must consist of at least 1 single card to use this special ability. If the
Robinson stack is empty, shuffle the Robinson discard pile (see »No more cards in the Robinson stack« on page 7)." I originally thought that I could not use the action at all this turn, but then realized that one must simply create a new deck by shuffling and then bury the card under this new deck. Correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Randy Weston - The Spirits of Our Ancestors
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
johnraggio wrote:
russ wrote:
manukajoe wrote:

In this case we'd happily bury a very weak card knowing it is now at the very bottom of the newly created draw deck?

No. If you leave it in play, it will be discarded when you complete the hazard, so not in the current deck at all. There are desperate cases where you might put a bad card under the deck, but it's not something you'd do willingly.

johnraggio wrote:
in the case of a very short draw pile it might make sense to bury a strong card knowing we can get it back soon, especially if we've already used its ability?

Regardless of the size of the draw pile, it's good to put a powerful card at the bottom of the deck. The 0 strength / +2 life card is ideal for this use, as you lose no strength towards defeating the hazard and will net 2 extra lives in the current deck.

johnraggio wrote:

The rules confused me a bit. When I read "The Robinson stack must consist of at least 1 single card to use this special ability. If the
Robinson stack is empty, shuffle the Robinson discard pile (see »No more cards in the Robinson stack« on page 7)." I originally thought that I could not use the action at all this turn, but then realized that one must simply create a new deck by shuffling and then bury the card under this new deck. Correct?

Yes, as Russ indicated in the answer you quoted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.