Elder Sign» Forums » Variants

Subject: Elder Signs Omens expansion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ginyu POWER

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So the digital version of this game is getting a purchasable update (http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=3169) that appears to include a few new mechanics of potential interest:

*Adventure cards with "Entry" effects that trigger as soon as an Investigator is placed on them.

*In the "Call of Cthulhu" variant, after gaining 7 Elder Signs the goal for sealing the Ancient One becomes to tally all spare dice at the end of each Adventure and reach a total of 60.

*New monsters and Adventures(???)

It would be interesting to get a look at some of these things for translating into the tabletop game. I don't suppose anyone here has the digital version?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Esmanech
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
designer
Dystopian:the manhunt: a worker placement game of investigation, murder and mystery, set in the futuristic megapolis of DYSTOPIA
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Captain Ginyu wrote:
So the digital version of this game is getting a purchasable update (http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=3169) that appears to include a few new mechanics of potential interest:

*Adventure cards with "Entry" effects that trigger as soon as an Investigator is placed on them.

*In the "Call of Cthulhu" variant, after gaining 7 Elder Signs the goal for sealing the Ancient One becomes to tally all spare dice at the end of each Adventure and reach a total of 60.

*New monsters and Adventures(???)

It would be interesting to get a look at some of these things for translating into the tabletop game. I don't suppose anyone here has the digital version?

I have ES:O, but the add-ons are still to come out. When they'll do, and I'll have paid for them, I will write a review.

I don't have ES:the boardgame, but love ED:O.

cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Galen Ciscell
United States
Auburn
WA
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my game, Atlantis Rising! :)
mb
One "variant" that I noticed about the Android game is that you can play a spell card AFTER you roll to lock a die. Probably going to incorporate that one in the board game version as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Leigh
United Kingdom
Richmond
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is the same in the board game also.

It was amended in a FAQ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
gciscell wrote:
One "variant" that I noticed about the Android game is that you can play a spell card AFTER you roll to lock a die. Probably going to incorporate that one in the board game version as well.

It's not a variant, it's the standard rules.

In the original rulebook it stated that you needed to play Spells before you rolled the dice but it was corrected in the Errata of the official FAQ. The correct way to play is to use a Spell after the dice are rolled to hold (not "lock") a die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Galen Ciscell
United States
Auburn
WA
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my game, Atlantis Rising! :)
mb
I have clearly been off the Elder Sign forums for too long!

I have the "official FAQ" printed but maybe it has since been updated (or I missed that rule)? Anybody have a link?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mb
It's on p2 of the FAQ (the first page with actual rules on it), under "Items":

Quote:
Spells that hold dice are cast after a player’s roll, not
before. The player looks at the roll, then, if he wishes to
save a particular die, casts the spell and places the die on
the spell.

I'm pretty sure it's in the revised rules available from FFG's site, and in the latest printing of the game, as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.