Popular Tags: [View All]
Emily H.
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can the Incas & Aztecs get a monument using a resource space from South America and one from North America? I know the rules say that one of them goes first (Incas I think), but they don't say to decline in between.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Zaborowski

Portland
Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember the Avalon Hill version (not Brief) specifically says you can't. The rules do say they are two seperate empires. So I would say no you can't build an empire monument, since as seperate empire's they wouldn't be sharing resources.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bryant
United Kingdom
Telford
Shropshire
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Ken is correct, they are different empires and therefore one declines before the other is activated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Beijner
Sweden
-
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pathesis wrote:
I remember the Avalon Hill version (not Brief) specifically says you can't.
My version of the Avalon Hill version specifically says you can. Pg 3. "9.4. AZTECS & INCAS: These two empires appear on the same card during Epoch VI. They use armies of the same type and if they control two Resource symbols between them, may build a Monument."

Different versions? Or is your answer a typo?

Have yet to play the Brief HotW, but reading the rule book I would say the same applies, because the rules say that your empire does not Resign until after you have played all armies from the Array (pg 9). And that would mean after playing both the Incas and the Aztecs.

Edit: To clarify this, the "reorganising your empire" rule states that
Quote:

all fleets are removed from the map

all standing armies are resigned

the Empire card is discarded

Because of the third bullet (discarding the empire card) is impossible between playing the Incas and the Aztecs, the Incas will (yet) not have resigned when the Aztecs move. I mean Reorganising simply must happen after both empires have moved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Beijner
Sweden
-
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the new iOs game I played the Incas and the Aztecs in my first game and each empire held one resource and the game let me build a monument.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.