Risk Legacy» Forums » Rules

Subject: So we just finished 15 games with a lame end! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike B
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
The game ended with me and another tying for total wins at 6 each.

People thought the game would end with just no winner declared and deem the entire draw, effectively trolling me ( having 6 wins on game 10 ). Me being speechless at the end of game 15 checked the rules.

The winner was to win by die roll. After 15 games the winner is to be decided by die roll. With the only modifier to be determined by named continents.

I had won this die roll but I feel it was a cheap way to end 15 games. Wasn't there some better way to decide to settle this? Do any of you use other methods to decide the winner of a draw?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Finkel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could possibly tie-break by most recent victory of the biggest winners, or perhaps agree to share the naming of the world. Orrr... tiebreaker game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg von Lemberg
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Miscellaneous wrote:

People thought the game would end with just no winner declared and deem the entire draw, effectively trolling me ( having 6 wins on game 10 ).

Wouldn't that actually "troll" the other guy? He won at least one game in the final five, by which time all y'all would have gotten better at playing the game than during the first 10.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike B
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
No because at that point they decided to make it impossible to have me win, lol. Even having a fortified hq couldn't save me!

Just wondering why the ruling decided upon would be so simple and unfulfilling. Luckily we have made our second copy reusable so the pain of spending 60 bucks and having an ending like that wont hurt as much!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam B.
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That scenario screams for one final two-player tiebreaker game where the two of you square off w/o anyone else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I like board games more than most people.
United States
Northlake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
When I die I want people to look at the condition of my games and say, "Man, he really played these alot."
mbmbmb
Miscellaneous wrote:
Me being speechless at the end of game 15 checked the rules.

You went 15 games without knowing that rule?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Others have house-ruled a sixteenth game to determine the winner. Of course, with that come problems of balance and kingmaking, but somebody above suggested a one-on-one game. I think that's almost an elegant solution, as it will give the advantage to the person who did the most to the world to help himself. Same as the die roll being modified by who named the most continents, the last game will be modified by all of the beneficial and/or detrimental things you've done to the map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Krüger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it possible that the tiebreaker is a needed incentive to name continents? But if you effectively played without this rule, it should be no problem to use any other tiebreaker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience"
mbmbmbmbmb
kjamma4 wrote:
Miscellaneous wrote:
Me being speechless at the end of game 15 checked the rules.

You went 15 games without knowing that rule?

Indeed! It is in the rules from the beginning of the game. I made sure to warn everyone about this the first time we played. Adds incentive to naming continents.cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Moulton
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Funny, we played 15 games and I never noticed that rule about a tie breaker. We ended up playing 2 more games to finally determine a winner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.