Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Why will this game be better than any other game?
It won't be...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Lee
Taiwan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why does everything always have to be a competition, even when it's apple and oranges. Honestly, you Americans. wow

Anyway, I'm really excited about this game, but I don't have any info that isn't here on BGG. You can see everything I can see:

The art looks amazing. And the designer has obviously put in a ton of thought and effort and taken time to tell us about DDD, keeping us up-to-date regarding progress and setbacks. It's that commitment combined with the quality of the graphic design and approach to theme that got my attention and keeps me checking for developments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam D.
United States
Suquamish
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Complaining about competition in a game forumn seems quite ironic. The gratuitous anti-american slur was quite nice as well.

Anyway, I'd like to know also, what will set this one apart?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N S.
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Because it's going to be dark, no wait darker, nay, the darkest game ever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Harrison
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is perhaps not the line of discussion Ted was hoping to generate
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Abdullah Ibrahim - Water from an Ancient Well
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see the point of these cosmic question threads in the first place - they simply encourage random bullshit. If people do have something substantive to say about a game, presumably they will say so, either in an existing thread or by starting a new one. Threads with zero content are worse than useless; they push useful threads off the front page and make them harder to find.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Simpson
United Kingdom
Nottingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
er zombies? oh hang on...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Len Vandenberg
Canada
Petawawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Wow! What appeared to be a genuinely useful question in terms of garnering information on yet another zombie game, has really brought out some "less than useful" (boy am I being politically correct) responses.
ANYONE out there have some useful, insightful knowledge about this game and it's 'system' that they care to share with us?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Len Vandenberg
Canada
Petawawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Lenv60 wrote:
Wow! What appeared to be a genuinely useful question in terms of garnering information on yet another zombie game, has really brought out some "less than useful" (boy am I being politically correct) responses.
ANYONE out there have some useful, insightful knowledge about this game and it's 'system' that they care to share with us?

Actually, the page previous in these forums gives a decent response to your question Ted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Len Vandenberg
Canada
Petawawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
DOH! I must not have had enough sleep last night. Let me correct my last statement. Page two of the forum for this game is where you will find the details regarding gameplay.
And that is all I have to say on the matter LOL.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bellevue
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mb
superflat wrote:
Not to put too fine a point on it, but an url is appropriate here.

Not to be rude, but if you're so interested in this game, is there some reason why you apparently haven't perused the existing threads on the game prior to starting your own thread?

The boards would be inundated with useless threads and a lot of repetition if each individual person that was interested in the game were encouraged to each start their own threads rather than seek out the info they seek amongst the preexisting threads on the game. This is kind of the point Sphere was trying to make. I'm not going to tell you that you can't, but I am going to say that if you feel like being considerate, you shouldn't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bellevue
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/746313/rulebook
also from the designer in the following thread:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/825965/update-9712
"The rulesbook is getting a tight critical edit at the publishers at the moment and they are doing some final tests."

If you had read the above threads, you'd know that the designer intends on releasing the rules via pdf. You'd also know that the game hasn't been published yet and was still in the final playtesting phase as of earlier this year. As such, it's premature for anyone, including the designer, to absolutely state what will set this game apart from others. Heck, the publisher may have explicitly stated that the designer may not reveal certain things yet. You want a comparison, but until the game's mechanics are set in stone, one cannot be made.

Now what exactly do you expect for this thread to provide that others have not? As I stated, it's not a matter of "you cannot create new threads." You and I both know it's not a matter of BGG not having the server space. It's a courtesy to other users. If too many threads like this pop up, the signal to noise ratio gets to be ridiculous.

If you felt offended by my usage of the term, "useless", then my apologies, but we each view things primarily from our own perspective. From my perspective, this thread is indeed useless...so far. It remains to be seen if the designer steps in and answers your question. He might have enough of an idea of what the published version of the game will look like, but he might be uncomfortable answering simply because to do so requires him to divulge rules that are subject to change. I stand by my opinion, but am willing to eat crow should details about the game be divulged in this thread that will allow us to determine how this game differs from others.

Regarding "netiquette", I'll plead the fifth. I recognize that "netiquette" is definitely something that organically evolved on the World Wide Web. I'll also recognize that neither one of us is really breaking any rules. You're well within your right to post this thread and I'm well within my right to view this thread as "useless." I recognize that my opinion may, from time to time, offend, though that was never my intent. As such, I have apologized for unintentionally offending you. You don't want me to automatically dismiss your opinion, and I haven't, for I would like you to take the opinion of myself, Sphere and others that feel as we do, into consideration. Feel free to summarily dismiss our opinion if you want, but it doesn't change the fact that as it stands, this thread, while containing conversation, contains absolutely NO new information that can be used to develop an informed opinion of the game in question. Because of this, this thread has absolutely no use to me and especially those looking for actual information, rather than assumption and supposition. If that information is provided, I'll shoot you a further apology via geekmail and will edit my posts to reflect the change.

Edit: What rage and moral outrage/admonitions? Perhaps a flaw of communicating via text online, but I'm as cool, calm and collected as can be. It's my opinion that the designer is well aware that there are some clamoring for more info about his game. I'm content waiting for him to feel comfortable to give said info rather than start a thread to ask questions. Patience is a virtue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread is getting dark...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bellevue
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mb
superflat wrote:
I think we've both spent too much time on a useless thread. I know I have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.