Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Skim the rules and then start playing, but pay attention to the sections about setting up/creating the team. Navigation and time-keeping are also good to know. You will find that reading the rules as they come up will work, although it is occasionally difficult to find what you are looking for when you need it without some extra reading.

It sounds to me like you are the type of gamer who has to memorize/understand the entire rulebook before playing (I occasionally have issues with that as well). I was able to play with few problems without memorizing everything. I also got me entire squad KIA.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franco
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I agree with martimer's suggestions .

You do have to read the rules at least once, but a skim is probably okay. They're quite simple. I have to remind myself about how combat works, each time I play, but everything else is pretty straight forward and the event book really does lead you through all the steps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My strategy is to never name the troops (because they are going to die anyway so why get attached to them). This is my strategy because I was never a ranger so I have an excuse for losing.

Now that the new paragraph book is available I need to get this back to the table, yet here I sit...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.