Popular Tags: [View All]
Cadrian
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure we played this plot card correctly, but I'd like some clarification, just to be certain.

The card states that: 'Whenever you take an action that provides any fighters, also take a fighter from the supply and place it in your tavern'.

Does this also apply to actions triggered on buildings such as 'Northgate', and 'The Three Pearls'?

Those buildings allow you to choose adventurers of any type, so if I choose to take a fighter, or fighters, do I get an additional one, too?

We played that this was allowed. But it means 'The Three Pearls' building can be potentially quite powerful, as you could also trigger the wizard, rogue and cleric plot cards too(assuming you had completed the plot quests).

e.g. If you took three different coloured cubes from there in exchange for the two you donate, you could claim any three plot card bonuses from these four: Swap one of your tavern adventurers for a cleric, take an intrigue card, get an additional fighter, get two gold.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Merric Blackman
Australia
Waubra
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
Ramping up my reviewing.
badge
Happily playing games for many, many years.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it works that way. It's a powerful combination... if you can set it up. It'll be very rare that you can - and generally because the other players weren't paying attention!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dana R.
United States
Claremont
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Devotium Popcornicus
mbmbmbmbmb
Funny you mention this as just last night I got my arse handed to me on this tactic. Of course the 2 mandatory quests I had handed to me on the last 2 rounds didn't help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cadrian
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answer. I wanted to check, mainly because of the iconography... i.e. those buildings don't show cubes that match the trigger conditions.

Glad that it works though - I won the game using a couple of plot quests whilst plundering those buildings

Great game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Staines
United Kingdom
Grimsby
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just an extended question on this card. Some buildings give owners bonuses of an orange cube. If another player takes that action and I get an orange cube as a bonus do I get an extra one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Amick
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
High Elf Andrew wrote:
Just an extended question on this card. Some buildings give owners bonuses of an orange cube. If another player takes that action and I get an orange cube as a bonus do I get an extra one?

No. You are not the one taking an action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.