Dana R.
United States
Claremont
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Devotium Popcornicus
mbmbmbmbmb
When a new game arrives I enjoy the casual cup of tea and possible a good pipe while I sit back and read the rules a time or two. Follow that with, probably, a play through solo and then the first game. I follow that first game with a re-read of the rules to see what I missed.

I totally missed the rule ref. Building: "However, when someone other than the owner assigns an Agent to that Building's action space, the owner gains the benefit described in the tile's "owner" line.

I got so beat up because my opponent used this tactic to such great success - he bought up buildings, used the buildings in the future and took owner benefits.

Looking forward to the second game more than I was the first if that is possible. Looks like that is the only one I missed..and you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LIVE NOW ON KICKSTARTER!!!
badge
LIFEFORM - LIVE NOW ON KICKSTARTER!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I missed the rule where natural 20s no longer inflict double damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
This is a rebellion, isn't it? I rebel.
badge
He's a card player, gambler, scoundrel. You'd like him.
mbmbmbmbmb
Slabcity wrote:
"However, when someone other than the owner assigns an Agent to that Building's action space, the owner gains the benefit described in the tile's "owner" line.

Yeah, I missed that one too. Then my friend who I was teaching started buying up all the better locations then visiting them and was basically getting double resources from them and I thought, "hmm that can't be right, can it?" *looks in rulebook* "FUUUUUUUUUUC—"

So you're not alone, lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Weird I do the same thing...

smoke a pipe while reading rules, then reread after play through. Some rules I have actually read several times, like Ambush! or Third Reich.

Picked up the pipe habit whilst serving in Bosnia...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.