Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Martin
Canada
North Bay
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys,

Wondering if on my first turn (where I have my starting hand of 6 cards) in the resource phase do I draw a card, thereby in reality giving me a starting hand of 7 cards to begin the game?

I've been playing it this way, but it seems a little odd that they mention a starting hand of six, and then the FIRST thing you do on your turn is add resource tokens AND draw another card? So really, the starting hand sort of becomes 7 cards.... Just want to be sure I'm doing this right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/780505/first-turn
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Gordon
United States
Meridian
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You draw six cards, then have the option to use a mulligan. If you choose to mulligan, you shuffle and draw six more cards. Then you begin phase one which includes drawing a card. I feel the rules were written this way for the sake of continuity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K.
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say to draw a card at the beginning of a turn. Turn 1 is not excluded from this rule. If it was, it would say "Except on turn 1..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Martin
Canada
North Bay
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, all.

Glad to see I was doing that right, but just wanted to be sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.