Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Bloom
United States
Haughton
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if anyone has posted on the subject, but...

My wargaming buddy and I recently discovered Vassal and WaW.

Since I don't have the Eisenbach Gap version (ordered one P-500/Pre-Order), I butcher a BaB scenario to fit the counters available in Vassal. I also have TUS and OG to glean some hope of creating our next scenario.

Anyway, so far this scenario is working (with all its flaws), but I know that my creative scenario skills are seriously lacking and was wondering if anyone has any Vassal WaW scenarios they'd like to share?

Cheers and thanks for reading,
Andy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Atack
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought most of the WaW stuff was already supported with VASSAL modules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bloom
United States
Haughton
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
May be true, but where are the games (scenarios) stored to access?

We're playing offline so I don't know if that has any bearing...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur chang
United States
TUSTIN
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's one scenario in the file section in BGG for Eisenbach -- maybe more, but at first glance I only saw one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bloom
United States
Haughton
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pete Atack wrote:
I thought most of the WaW stuff was already supported with VASSAL modules?

Vassal modules yes; EG, BaB, BwB, DoFP, 4 CMBG, LOF 1-6 and LOF7+. No TUS or any of the newer ones. At least not yet.

But as for the scenarios saying what & how many units to pull and what are the objectives for the scenario are not.

It's that piece of the puzzle I'm searching for...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Schulte
United States
Washington
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I always though you needed the physical game to reference the scenarios. I didn't think they were pre-loaded in VASSAL. Isn't that the safeguard a lot of publishers use so you can't just play VASSAL without at least one player having the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bloom
United States
Haughton
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff Schulte wrote:
I always though you needed the physical game to reference the scenarios. I didn't think they were pre-loaded in VASSAL. Isn't that the safeguard a lot of publishers use so you can't just play VASSAL without at least one player having the game?

Makes sense...just wondering how it all worked

We just discovered Vassal and are playing WaW for first time on it. As mentioned, until I was able to unlock the extensions in Vassal, I had butchered a BaB scenario to fit on the EG units & map board.

O' I do plan on getting a hard copy of the games for my library and for whenever our gaming group has Game Day/Night.

Cheers,
Andy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.