Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a heads up that the Hecate promo is now available in the Geek Store!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diederik D.
Belgium
Brasschaat
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI: The one in the geekstore hasn't got the sacks to store your armies in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradford Stokes
United States
Providence
Utah
flag msg tools
It Matters Not What You Fight
badge
But What You Fight For
mbmbmbmbmb
Has this been verified(no baggies)? I have sent a geekmail to Kristine, but haven't received a response...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Disgustipater
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Inquisitor Eisenhorn wrote:
Has this been verified(no baggies)? I have sent a geekmail to Kristine, but haven't received a response...:(

It doesn't say they are included, so it's safe to assume they aren't included.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, no bags with these.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diederik D.
Belgium
Brasschaat
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here you can see how to get the Hecate expansion + baggies + the Manticore card.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/781277/how-to-get-the-he...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lame, so now the price jumped up to 10 euro because of that? At 5 euro with baggies it was more easy to justify it. 7.5 USD would had been about the same.

Yet another rip-off from Matagot then. Could just had included the tile from the beginning, bags or no bags doesn't matter much but if it's ...

*checked exchange rates*

... oh well, 7.5 usd vs 13.31? Bigger than I thought. My currency is SEK anyhow. 50 SEK for a tile and a card? Totally not worth it. 89 sek with bags? More acceptable as far as "you get a bunch of stuff!" but it's still just two game pieces...

So freaking stupid with this expansion promo shit. And with yet another expansion coming. Hate it as much as Rio Grande Games Race for the galaxy.

I don't see any reason to not complain.

(If they had included the stupid tile and card it wouldn't had added 50 SEK to the price of the expansion and if they had included it all they could probably had raised the price of the expansion by 50 SEK if they wanted to instead of charging 89 SEK for it.)

French ..

Edit: Seems like the BGG store one was Asmodee and you could always skip manticore card which you can probably live without. Now I don't know what to do. Again. Would had been easier if the offers was for the same items and for 5 euro shipped from EU and 7.5 usd shipped from the US.

Edit2: I guess some people don't get my whine and probably think I should vote with my wallet just like someone complained on someone with a hate promos microbadge or whatever who bought something. But you can still hate them but still want the content / just think the distribution method is stupid. And it is. Much of the cost goes to shipping and not profits anyhow I suppose. I hate paying for unnecessary shipping, it doesn't contribute shit anywhere. Even in the end the oil used for the flight/transports is a limited resource and you use it up for the transportation. No help or solution for that. It's not resources/money just move around within the system. I order in bulk, do large orders, ask for deals if I buy more/many and so on because if I have to pay shipping myself I try to maximize the order / make the shipping cost for each individual item low and if someone else pay for it I feel like an ass just ordering one small thing or like maybe I can get something extra if I order much more than the people who do those kind of things.
Companies easily get added and noted on my black/dislike list though. And I can't really see how that benefit them since I'm much more likely to send my money over to companies on the other list ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:
Does BGG earn anything if I buy this? Even though I'm from Sweden and shipping seem to be free? Does shipping cost line up pretty linear or does ordering multiple things for one shipment help?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
aliquis wrote:
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:
Does BGG earn anything if I buy this? Even though I'm from Sweden and shipping seem to be free? Does shipping cost line up pretty linear or does ordering multiple things for one shipment help?

Yup, BGG makes money on every sale of a promo, as the promos are essentially "payment" from advertisers for their banners and contests. So, publishers get advertising and BGG makes money from the promo sales.

Of course, we make a little less money on sales outside the US, but the BGG audience lives all over the world so we don't want to exclude anyone! It definitely helps us if you order multiple items, as our shipping costs don't rise very much for each item added.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:
Yup, BGG makes money on every sale of a promo, as the promos are essentially "payment" from advertisers for their banners and contests. So, publishers get advertising and BGG makes money from the promo sales.

Of course, we make a little less money on sales outside the US, but the BGG audience lives all over the world so we don't want to exclude anyone! It definitely helps us if you order multiple items, as our shipping costs don't rise very much for each item added.
Ok. Thank you

Because at least the website (and the most the reviewers of course) are helpful/useful

It would had been very hard to buy anything without it I wouldn't had any idea where to look
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Disgustipater
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got mine the other day (including Manticore). Surprised there were no rules included with Hecate, but I suppose those are readily available here anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nooooo

Was going to the store now but just because I haven't decided what to do / wanted to be nice it seems like the ghost stories promo / mini-expansion is out?

Am I out of luck with that one?

So stupid (

I want it

(The guardhouse that is.)

Crap. No more chance?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A B

Byron Center
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmb
This is no longer listed in the Geek Store. I'm assuming it is out of stock. Any ideas if this will come back in stock in the future? Seems that since it was a promo, it would be unlikely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.