Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Dark Moon» Forums » General

Subject: Should I wait for the results of more playtesting before printing this game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yannick Carriere
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking forward to print and play this game. I almost printed it the other week but a little doubt crept in my mind: has the game been playtested enough times so that I can safely use the files available? In other words, I don't want to print a game that will have to have modified components in the future as a result of playtesting feedback.

I'm not saying it hasn't been playtested enough or that the files will have to be modified. My question is: is it safe to print the components as they are right now, or should wait a bit while more playtesting is being done?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Go ahead and print them out. They game is pretty solid as is. I know the designer has been considering some tweaks, but it's been played and enjoyed by many many people in its current form.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Toxic
United Kingdom
Belper
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you like bsg, go for it. Construction time/price is not too bad. It's nice to look at, and captures the essence of the big game. The only two points that have come up for us are; one of our cylons didn't really have to play as a cylon his rolls were naturally lousy (we brigged him anyway), and the chance that the admiral ability jumps you 4 distance. Various house rules have been suggested for this. We decided not to use them as the only game this has happened it was still a close thing and added to the exileration of the game. With Pegasus and exodus most of our BSG games clock in at 5 hours, so the fact you can do this in around an hour is a bonus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick van Gompel
Netherlands
Aalst
flag msg tools
I think it's rather close to a game you would buy in the store:
It works as it is, but you can never be sure that there wont be an update/expansion replacing some components.
The fact that this is a Print & Play game makes it quite a bit more likely that new stuff will be added or that modifications will be made. But in my eyes that a good thing, not a bad...
Though, you could message the designer directly to check whether he has some changes in mind for the near future
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Griffiths
United Kingdom
Bexleyheath
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I realise this is an old thread, but I have the files for BSG Express from a while ago and wondered if any of you had a guide for printing it? I want to get the best outcome... Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.