Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Percival
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
badge
A strange game. The only winning move is not to play. How about a nice game of chess?
mbmbmbmbmb
Clarification on assault action. Rules state:

Quote:
3.2.4.1 Procedure. In each selected space, remove 1 Active Guerrilla (1.4.3) for each Troops cube there. Once a targeted Faction has no Guerrillas in the space, remove its Bases instead.

- In a City or LoC, also remove 1 enemy piece for each Police there.

- In Mountain, instead remove only 1 piece for every 2 Troops (rounded down).

Regarding Cities or LoCs (first bullet), does the the Guerrilla need to be activate in order to be removed? Direct reading of the rule suggests no.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi! Yes, must be Active. The first sentence in the rule, including the phrase "... remove 1 Active Guerrilla ...", governs all Assault actions. If we put that phrase in the City or LoC bullet, we would be repeating, and would have to repeat once more in the Mountain bullet.

Thanks for the question! - vfr

PS Propeller Bitter is among my favorite beers. Sure wish I could get it in Virginia.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Percival
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
badge
A strange game. The only winning move is not to play. How about a nice game of chess?
mbmbmbmbmb
Volko wrote:
PS Propeller Bitter is among my favorite beers. Sure wish I could get it in Virginia.

Ah. Very nice. Love both Propeller and the other small-ish brewer here, Garrison. If you like the bitter, you'll most certainly like their London Porter. They also have a very nice Bohemian style Pilsner right now.

If you like a very hardy and hoppy ale, Garrison makes a fantastic Imperial Pale Ale. Although the Propeller IPA is nice too.

Impressed that you know of Propeller.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Quinn
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I trust this question suggests my poor FARC guerrillas are about to get hit? whistle

Todd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.