Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Have you ever been logging your plays and...? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Leveille
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
Get your game on!
badge
You know you want to play with purple, don't you?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I was logging my plays, transferring them from my gaming notebook to an online format this evening, and thinking, "Damn it! I shouldn't be logging plays! I should be playing games!"

Anyone else ever feel that way? Well, only three more nights and then it's game night again!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Randy Weston - The Spirits of Our Ancestors
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
smilingra wrote:
I was logging my plays, transferring them from my gaming notebook to an online format this evening, and thinking, "Damn it! I shouldn't be logging plays! I should be playing games!"

Anyone else ever feel that way? Well, only three more nights and then it's game night again!

No, probably because all I ever do is enter the number of plays. But I do get that feeling when I start clicking through my subscription notices and hit nothing but polls, sleeves, and redundancies.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope. If you're logging games, that's another one of your hobbies, right?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Forrest
Australia
Embleton
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I just do the logging at work. That time doesn't count.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Switzerland
Buchs
St. Gallen
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless you're recording 20 individual games of Skip-Bo you're gonna be done in a couple of minutes. I don't know about you but my games all take much longer than that...

At least back home this we often use our list of played games to determine what to play next. So having that list cuts down on discussion time...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dinner mike
Afghanistan
Alabama
flag msg tools
I log every play in the same day it was played. It doesn't take me more than 5 minutes
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TS S. Fulk
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kempeth wrote:
Unless you're recording 20 individual games of Skip-Bo you're gonna be done in a couple of minutes. I don't know about you but my games all take much longer than that...

At least back home this we often use our list of played games to determine what to play next. So having that list cuts down on discussion time...


20 games of Skip-Bo takes a few seconds. "More-->Quantity-->20" Click.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sicaria Occaeco
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
tssfulk wrote:
Kempeth wrote:
Unless you're recording 20 individual games of Skip-Bo you're gonna be done in a couple of minutes. I don't know about you but my games all take much longer than that...

At least back home this we often use our list of played games to determine what to play next. So having that list cuts down on discussion time...


20 games of Skip-Bo takes a few seconds. "More-->Quantity-->20" Click.


If you're playing 20 games of Skip-Bo you're definitely wasting actual game playing time. snore
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TS S. Fulk
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sicaria wrote:
tssfulk wrote:
Kempeth wrote:
Unless you're recording 20 individual games of Skip-Bo you're gonna be done in a couple of minutes. I don't know about you but my games all take much longer than that...

At least back home this we often use our list of played games to determine what to play next. So having that list cuts down on discussion time...


20 games of Skip-Bo takes a few seconds. "More-->Quantity-->20" Click.


If you're playing 20 games of Skip-Bo you're definitely wasting actual game playing time. snore


I call it time spent with my kids. Not a waste. Although 20 is a bit much at once. I think 8-10 has been our max when my middle son went on his Skip-Bo craze (almost time for the youngest to start—she already plays it with Grandpa).
2 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.