Kevin Armstrong
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to BSG PBF Game 261 - Full Colors

This will be a 5 player game using only the base set, and having a crew consisting entirely of people new to the PBF format. It will follow the format established by Our Overlord of Kobol/New Caprica/Ionian Nebula, Brian (ColtsFan76). Game state will be tracked using the absolutely excellent OpenOffice/Gimp toolset created by Orphius. The rest of this opening post is shamelessly ripped off from Jasperhawk.

===========================================================
The fine print. Read it since this is your first BSG PBF game.
Post typography
* Normal text for discussions, etc
* Italics for flavour text/fluff – love reading it, keeps the game fun and interesting.
* Bold for in-game moves and actions. I won't process any decisions/actions unless bolded in the thread.

Images
Avatars change, images don't. Images can be found here. Please use an image or banner for all of your posts (especially in-character).

Players
This game is by invite only - The players have been pre-determined, as we all know each other locally

- Rules & Regulations for the PBF games apply.
- To make things easier on myself, I will refer to all players by your character name and noun.
- For game speed, Conditional Orders "COs" are a great way to keep things moving along.
- I will not wait for you to use your OncePerGame unless you say so, and if you’re going to interrupt in favor of the Cylons then please leave a CO beforehand, since I’m not going to check specifically for this every time there’s an attack.

And some more game-specific rules, which you might not have encountered in other BSG PBF games.

d10-1 You must check in at least twice a day, about 12 hours apart. The more frequently you check in, the better. This does not mean that you must post at that frequency, and I know some of your jobs aren't conducive to such frequency. Just try to keep on top of the game.

d10-2 CO's are WELCOME but not REQUIRED. To make a CO, simply send me a Geekmail with the order you'd like completed. As I know many of you are new to PBF format, I'll give some examples as we begin the game.

d10-3 Public COs are strictly forbidden, and so are “CO sent” announcements. All COs are strictly confidential in geekmail between you and me. Bolding actions when it's not your go is also forbidden (since they're public COs by another name). In the real game, you are never publicly bound to actions as you are with COs, so they should stay private. This is to protect an unrevealed Cylon’s right to lie, and to decrease the certainty of future events (and hence maintain paranoia). I also do not want to create an environment of “gaming” the CO system.

d10-4 You are encouraged not to click back through too many previous pages to track cards played that you weren't actively trying to remember. If you do have to discuss something obscure that happened in the past, do not quote or link, but use your own words to describe what you think happened.

d10-5 For Interrupts:
If you CO me to pass on an Interrupt (i.e. you have a standing CO to always pass on SP, only use your 1 - EM and never your 2, etc.) I will enforce this after everyone else's response has been gathered. This will give you time to reconsider.

Everyone is considered to have a standing CO to pass if they do not have the Interrupt in question. In the beginning portion of the game, if you have never drawn the appropriate color, this will be enforced when the Interrupt Token is posted (as it's fairly public knowledge) to speed things up. I will switch to enforcing this at the same time as all other Pass COs at some point during the game.

Declare Emergency: I will not wait for these after a skill check. You have PLENTY of time to send in a CO once the check is posted.

Major Victory: I will not wait for these, but they also don't really need a wait. So long as you play it within a reasonable amount of time, we will roll for the morale gain.

Strategic Planning: I will not wait for SP on Scouts until there is a single scout left. I will not ask for SPs on Viper shots.

Evasive Maneuvers: I will wait for EMs exactly once, after which I will request that Pilots send in COs for how they'd prefer to use them.

Calculations: I will not wait for these. Please leave a CO ahead of time detailing when you might expect to play one, even if there are none in your hand.

Political Prowess: I will ALWAYS wait for prowess on any location-based skill check. This is to protect the knowledge of whether one is in a hand or not. It will be included in the interrupt token for that skill check. Since location checks are fairly rare, this shouldn't slow the game too much. As with Major Victory, a GM to me letting me know you're playing it is appreciated.

If you disagree with these, send in a CO, even if it's just "Wait for SP on any die roll."

d10-6 Secrecy: You all know the rules. Don't use specific point values at any time unless you're playing the card. When contributing to a check, say High or Low; you may say Medium if you're contributing more than one card, don't collude with other players on the meanings of those words (and don't pointedly remark that you're not saying one of those values). If you're playing into an interrupt, and you think there's a chance that someone else will play the same interrupt, only announce that you'll use one, not the strength. I will forward relevant information to the Current Player, who will decide which one to play.

You may ask another player if they have a specific type of card ("Can you Repair?"), but don't use that as a license to suss out a player's hand. Same with Quorum cards. For other secret information (Destinations, buried Crises, Civilians) use sound judgment, but again without specifics (i.e. you can say "no Jump icon" when you bury a crisis, but you can't say "don't feel like attempting a 15-PRB check right now").

============================================================

You may also post your character preferences. This will be the only time Public COs will be allowed.

Additionally, please read the following to make sure you're up to date on some of the basics for PBF gaming. If you haven't had the chance yet to read a game, you might want to do so and several can be found in the PBF wait list.

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/53829/tips-and-tricks-for-...

Members of the Crew - Upper five who respond will be taken.
==========================================
Xanture - IN
TheLoneAmigo
laenan - IN
Camacho2tm - IN
Davus

ALTERNATES

david707
drnlmza

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Muller
South Africa
Stellenbosch
Western Cape
flag msg tools
even if it's not
badge
I have a cunning plan that cannot fail.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in as an alternate if needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Elizondo
Denmark
flag msg tools
This nugget is ready to kick some cylon ass.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie S
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Reporting for duty!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Murray
England
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
badge
Azorius Senate
mbmbmbmbmb
drnlmza wrote:
I'm in as an alternate if needed.

Me to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just an FYI, BSG 156 was also titled Full Colors. Not that it matters at all - just wanted to let you know you have a sister game that was played over a year ago! Hopefully this one ends better than that one did! Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes! I thought of that too... since I was in that game. While it's true the original "Full Colors" game flamed out in a rather undignified fashion, the Restart ended up being pretty awesome I thought, aside from the outcome (my President Roslin got blown up along with Galactica)...

Perhaps this one will turn out to be the "gritty reboot"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian McFarlane
United Kingdom
Washington
flag msg tools
Hio!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Armstrong
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Alright, it's been enough time. I'm going to call in the alternates as the other two invites haven't responded yet.

The following will be the player order:
Xanture 1d100 = (90) = 90
Camacho2tm 1d100 = (88) = 88
drnlmza 1d100 = (87) = 87
laenan 1d100 = (82) = 82
david707 1d100 = (3) = 3

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 118923. Akumakei
  • 1d100 =
  • (90) =
  • Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:20 pm
  • [+]
  • 118924. Akumakei
  • 1d100 =
  • (82) =
  • [+]
  • 118925. Akumakei
  • 1d100 =
  • (88) =
  • [+]
  • 118926. Akumakei
  • 1d100 =
  • (3) =
  • [+]
  • 118927. Akumakei
  • 1d100 =
  • (87) =
Kevin Armstrong
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Xanture, you're up first for character selection. You may choose from the following:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian McFarlane
United Kingdom
Washington
flag msg tools
I choose you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Armstrong
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I believe I forgot one rather important thing:

Don't forget to subscribe to this thread. You can find the subscribe button at the top of the thread on this page. Doing so will let you know whenever you have BGG open on your browser whether or not the thread has updated. It's an easy way to make sure you're checking in often enough to see if it's your turn. As some of you may not have done this yet, I'm sending out a wave of GMs letting you know to do so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Armstrong
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Once you have selected a character, please make sure that all your posts lead off with your character's banner.

Banners can be found in the BSG Character gallery: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/42419/item/939835

To input your character banner, use the code: {imageid=xxxxxxmedium}, replacing the curly brackets for straight brackets, and inputting the banner's id number in place of the xxxxxxx. The id number for images can be found in the image's URL, and is usually a 6 or 7 digit number. For instance, Baltar's banner's image id is 544202, so Baltar will need to start all posts with {imageid=544202medium}, but in straight brackets rather than curly. All base game character banner id numbers start with 544, so look for that number in the URL to be sure you have the right code.

All characters will start off with a grey banner, but Cylons will use a pink banner after they have revealed. In some cases, there have been special banners created for those with titles. Should I find such a banner that fits your character and title, I will let you know its code.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Elizondo
Denmark
flag msg tools
I choose

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Muller
South Africa
Stellenbosch
Western Cape
flag msg tools
even if it's not
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Chief Tyrol reporting for duty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie S
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools

Oh, thank the gods The Old Man survived the attack. And that he didn't let those frakking techs network his ship. At least we'll stand a fighting chance.

What? Gaius Baltar is the President?!

They better keep this stuff flowing. I have a feeling we're in for quite a trip.

Oh yeah. Now I'm ready to fly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Murray
England
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
badge
Azorius Senate
mbmbmbmbmb

Gaius Baltar will not be president while I live...
On a more serious in game note, I mainly choose Roslin for her Religous Visions rather than president, due to my disadvantage I feel Gaius would probably make a better president and I feel Roslin should just be using card actions (mainly XO, possibly Consolidate Power).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Muller
South Africa
Stellenbosch
Western Cape
flag msg tools
even if it's not
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

By my count we have:

6 politics
8.5 leadership
4 tactics
3.5 engineering
2 piloting
+1 delusion from Baltar

It's a little light on tactics, but with Baltar's delusions and CP's, we should be able to manage.

Of course, since in every game of BSG I play, one of the pilots is a cylon, Starbuck's ultimate betrayal of the human cause is now inevitable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie S
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools

Haha, probably. I've noticed that trend as well.

EDIT: initial draws

Can I get:

1 Leadership
1 Tactics
1 Piloting

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Murray
England
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
badge
Azorius Senate
mbmbmbmbmb

For my first three cards:
2 Politics and 1 Leadership.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian McFarlane
United Kingdom
Washington
flag msg tools

Yes of course i'll need:
1 Engineering
1 Politics
1 Leadership
and 1 thermal nuclear warhead

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Armstrong
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Starting Draws:

Baltar: Normal Draw
Adama: GPP
Chief:YGB
Starbuck: GRP
Roslin: YYG

If you have not yet submitted your starting draw, please do so. Once I have all of them in, I'll send out loyalty and initial hands, then we'll begin!

[aside]The color tag for Yellow is actually Orange. It makes the color show up a bit nicer against the background.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Elizondo
Denmark
flag msg tools

I would like:

1 Leadership
2 Tactics

Glad to see you alive Laura. I was not to happy to see Baltar though, there's something not right about him!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Muller
South Africa
Stellenbosch
Western Cape
flag msg tools
even if it's not
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I'll take:

1 politics
1 leadership
1 engineering

please

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Armstrong
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

And with that, the game is underway! Good hunting!

Turn 1.1: Baltar is the current player

Baltar, when you're ready please post your move and action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [19] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.