Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Ridge
United States
Martinez
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've read through the rules, but I need a little bit more information to get a few rules straight in my skull.

In order to get Minions in front of me for the combat phase, I play them during the Chain phase correct? Does the Minion card need to be the FIRST card in the Chain so that it resolves last, or can it be anywhere in the chain? Can I put more than one Minion in a Chain? In addition, can I play Minion's in other players Chains, so that I can bring attackers/defenders to the table between my turns?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wardell
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
May 25
badge
I think you ought to know I'm feeling very depressed.
mbmbmbmbmb
dice roll wrote:
I've read through the rules, but I need a little bit more information to get a few rules straight in my skull.

In order to get Minions in front of me for the combat phase, I play them during the Chain phase correct?

Correct.

dice roll wrote:
Does the Minion card need to be the FIRST card in the Chain so that it resolves last, or can it be anywhere in the chain?

Anywhere in the chain.

dice roll wrote:
Can I put more than one Minion in a Chain?

Yes.

dice roll wrote:
In addition, can I play Minion's in other players Chains, so that I can bring attackers/defenders to the table between my turns?

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gregg
United States
Franklinville
NC
flag msg tools
designer
NightfallGame.com/FAQ
badge
boardgamegeek.com/thread/1234645
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to confirm, Steve here is correct on all counts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I know this is an older thread but wanted to tag off of it. I am getting this game shortly and trying to make sense of the rules.

Some of the Minions do not have a "Chain" effect printed on them. Can these cards still be played into a chain and if so, what is their resolution? They just come into play for no further effect?

And for those Minions with a chain effect, they come into play AND have the chain effect trigger as well, correct?

Wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking something simple or completely mis-reading it.

Also, Action cards only come into play through the chain and the only other time they are used is as discards for purchasing other cards, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gregg
United States
Franklinville
NC
flag msg tools
designer
NightfallGame.com/FAQ
badge
boardgamegeek.com/thread/1234645
mbmbmbmbmb
To get a minion into play, you must first add it to the chain. When the minion resolves, if it happens to have Chain text, this is when you would resolve that text. After the minion resolves, whether or not it had chain text, the minion enters play. If the minion has In Play text, it is now active.

Actions work the same way, except they are placed on top of your discard pile after resolving.

Actions, minions and wounds can all be discarded from your hand to gain influence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.