Subject: confused by rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
chicagopsych

houston
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are no definitions of a "round" or a "turn" in the rules. Are there several "turns" in a "round"? Does each player take a turn in order then start over until all the players have passed? Does this end the round and then everyone moves their respective car? At times is seems that the two terms are interchangeable so I'm confused. For example in the pass section it states "You may not pass if you haven't drawn any cards this turn." This would suggest you can both draw a card and pass within a "turn". However, earlier in the rules is states that you can do only one action per "turn". So as stated you can do one action (pass, draw or fix)per turn, yet you cannot "pass" without "drawing" first (thus breaking the rule). Please clarify. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Néstor Romeral Andrés
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello. Thank you for asking.

Quote:
There are no definitions of a "round" or a "turn" in the rules. Are there several "turns" in a "round"?

Correct.

Quote:
Does each player take a turn in order then start over until all the players have passed?

Correct.

Quote:
Does this end the round and then everyone moves their respective car?

Correct.

Quote:
At times is seems that the two terms are interchangeable so I'm confused. For example in the pass section it states "You may not pass if you haven't drawn any cards this turn." This would suggest you can both draw a card and pass within a "turn". However, earlier in the rules is states that you can do only one action per "turn". So as stated you can do one action (pass, draw or fix)per turn, yet you cannot "pass" without "drawing" first (thus breaking the rule). Please clarify. Thanks!

Ouch! That's a mistake in the rules. Fixing it now...

It should say "You may not pass if you haven't drawn any cards this round."

Good catch! Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if that was my fault! blush
n_r_a wrote:
Quote:
At times is seems that the two terms are interchangeable so I'm confused. For example in the pass section it states "You may not pass if you haven't drawn any cards this turn." This would suggest you can both draw a card and pass within a "turn". However, earlier in the rules is states that you can do only one action per "turn". So as stated you can do one action (pass, draw or fix)per turn, yet you cannot "pass" without "drawing" first (thus breaking the rule). Please clarify. Thanks!

Ouch! That's a mistake in the rules. Fixing it now...

It should say "You may not pass if you haven't drawn any cards this round."

Good catch! Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Néstor Romeral Andrés
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
No problem.

Top Speed rulebook fixed, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chicagopsych

houston
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, you guys are quick! With those clarifications, it seems like one I would like to pick up. Thanks again
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.