Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,
Can someone tell me the print quality of this game?
The main reason I ask this is because Belfort has a print quality that I did not like. The boards are matte finished (if I am not mistaken) and not really good for my taste. One of the reason I sold it.
Now, I kept thinking that maybe Emdo has the same case, since it published under TMG, but recently my friend got Homesteaders and the components are unlike Belfort. The finishing were doff and smooth. Like it very much.
Now about emdo, how is the quality of this one?
Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
... and thanks for all the fish.
mb
I can't compare with the other titles you've mentioned, but the first word that comes to mind when I think of EmDo's components is smooth. Actually, as in their feel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HuginnGreiling wrote:
I can't compare with the other titles you've mentioned, but the first word that comes to mind when I think of EmDo's components is smooth. Actually, as in their feel.

I agree
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
The components are great. I did however have two damaged components in my box. TMG quickly replaced them for me. Big thumbs up for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HuginnGreiling wrote:

this 'smooth' is another way of saying 'doff finished'?
If so, it's a great print quality.
Still not convinced yet, need to have clear comparison between those games (emdo, belfort and homesteaders).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb Martin

Rhode Island
msg tools
The board is really nice. I see it's not in your collection, but if you have a copy of Pandemic lying around (or have access to one), the board in EmDo feels like the outside of the Pandemic box. It's sort of semi-gloss; it's definitely not matte, but it's not so glossy your fingerprints show up on it. The cards are a little on the thin side, but the print quality of the images/text itself is great. Nothing sleeving can't fix.

(What follows is an off-topic note to Seth/TMG) However, with non-standard-ly thin cards, I do hope future expansions are printed on the same stock. I know when the game came out a good number of people complained about the thin cards, but they're really not that bad at all. There will be many more complaints if expansion cards are noticeably different from base game cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks with the explanation, but I guess, it's pretty much belfort.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mindes
United States
Mountain Green
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Iranon wrote:
The board is really nice. I see it's not in your collection, but if you have a copy of Pandemic lying around (or have access to one), the board in EmDo feels like the outside of the Pandemic box. It's sort of semi-gloss; it's definitely not matte, but it's not so glossy your fingerprints show up on it. The cards are a little on the thin side, but the print quality of the images/text itself is great. Nothing sleeving can't fix.

(What follows is an off-topic note to Seth/TMG) However, with non-standard-ly thin cards, I do hope future expansions are printed on the same stock. I know when the game came out a good number of people complained about the thin cards, but they're really not that bad at all. There will be many more complaints if expansion cards are noticeably different from base game cards.

Expansions will have the same card stock
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Seb. ●leoskyangel●
Malaysia
Bangsar & PJ
flag msg tools
badge
I play games not to win, it's the gathering that's important - Thanks for the tip Cate108!
mbmbmbmbmb
I can double confirm with the glossy finish in EmDo; the center board, as well as the box. I actually prefer this kind of surface coating (if I may call it) over the ones in Belfort and Homesteaders (IMO, Belfort and Homesteaders have the same kind of finish, don't they?). Also, EmDo's box is more solid as well.

But nevertheless, I love the inside components of all three games (although rather incline to EmDo's quality). They're just excellent. Oh, and my Belfort box cover is a little bowed before I even purchase it, but still, no problem there.

- Damien

EDITED
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dtroy_de_rapcore wrote:
I can double confirm with the glossy finish in EmDo; the center board, as well as the box. I actually prefer this kind of surface coating (if I may call it) over the ones in Belfort and Homesteaders (IMO, Belfort and Homesteaders have the same kind of finish, don't they?). Also, EmDo's box is more solid as well.

But nevertheless, I love the inside components of all three games (although rather incline to EmDo's quality). They're just excellent. Oh, and my Belfort box cover is a little bowed before I even purchase it, but still, no problem there.

- Damien

EDITED

I don't believe they're the same. Belfort finish is kinda matte finish or even not coated. Homesteaders finish are doff, smooth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Mistiaen
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't get what you mean at all. I think the words you use to describe the finish only make sense in your head. [Insert obligatory Princess Bride reference.]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Corwin1980 wrote:
I don't get what you mean at all. I think the words you use to describe the finish only make sense in your head. [Insert obligatory Princess Bride reference.]

Sorry if I make you all confused. It's just that I had seen Homesteaders and Belfort's print quality and from my opinion, they're different material / finish.
What I want to ask, how's Emdo's print quality, like Homesteaders' or belfort's? Or unlike those two.
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bredon
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vardamir wrote:
Corwin1980 wrote:

Sorry if I make you all confused. It's just that I had seen Homesteaders and Belfort's print quality and from my opinion, they're different material / finish.
What I want to ask, how's Emdo's print quality, like Homesteaders' or belfort's? Or unlike those two.
Thanks.

I have two copies of Eminent Domain - a first print run (including bonus planets) and a 2nd print run (without bonus planets).
The first print run had a glossy finish to the board and Start planets.
The 2nd print run had a matte finish to the board and Start planets.
In both cases, the cards had a linen texture.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.