Popular Tags: [View All]
Vincenzo Beretta
Italy
Milan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently got interested in Seekrieg 5 (I admit that it passed under my radar until now), and I'm planning to buy it.

However, while I'm a general naval war gaming enthusiast, my favored era/theater is WWI in the Mediterranean - let's say from 1904 to 1922. To simulate it in Seekrieg 5 I would then need the promised "minor navies" CDs with ship logs for Austria-Hungary (!), Greece, Turkey, Morocco, Spain etc.

I see on the official site that the product was advertised first as a summer 2009 release, then as a late 2010 one. There is even a placeholder in the site shop, but, as far as I can tell, it is still not available.

Any news about it? Beside being a fascinating topic, minor navies allow for that kind of small scenarios Seekrieg 5 does seem to be designed for (like the battle of Elli between Greece and Turkey in 1912). And, in more practical terms, once this final product is published, I'll have no problems to get the whole game + all the ship logs CDs (+ the wood rulers!) in a single, sweeping buy (my feeling is that the ship data collection alone is worth the money).

Seekrieg 5, I have some $$$s in my pocket waiting for you! bag What's happening?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Z
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
First of all, love the Messenger picture. Secondly, did you ever get an answer. I see the minor-navies on their website, but don't see where you can actually buy it, unlike all the other CD's.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Beef
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this CD DIW?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Powers
United States
Marble
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Resurrecting an old thread zombiezombiezombie

I just emailed and got the following response:

Quote:

Hello Ryan,

Thanks for asking. The Minor Navies CD should be ready late Spring 2018.

Best Regards,

Rich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.