Germany
23569 Lübeck
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ELEFANTENPARADE - ELEPHANT PARADE

EVERY PLAYER HAS TWO ELEPHANTS WHICH ARE LINED UP AT THE START AS YOU WISH, ONE BEHIND THE OTHER.

TWO LOGS ARE PLACED ON EACH MOTTLED SQUARE AND 3, 2, I LOGS ARE PLACED RESPECTIVELY ON THE BUILDING IN THE CENTRE WITH 3, 2, 1 PORTALS. THIS EQUALS 17 LOGS AND WILL LEAVE ONE SPARE.

CHOOSE STARTER.

THERE ARE THREE WAY OF MOVING;
1, Push forward 3 different elephants, any three that you wish, one moves 3, one 2, and one 1. IGNORE SQUARES WHERE OTHER ELEHANTS ARE.
2. OR, The Elephant Parade. You must advance each elephant one square, starting with the leader.

WATER SQUARES: Count as normal but you can pass it only if an elephant is in the space.
FIRST ELEPHANT IN SUCH A SPACE MUST STAY THERE UNTIL ALL OTHER ELEPHANTS HAVE PASSED IT. EXCEPTION; AN ELEPHANT PARADE WILL MOVE IT OUT FROM A WATER SQUARE REGARDLESS IF OTHER ELEPHANTS ARE STILL BEHIND IT. THE LAST ELEPHANT HAS NO OTHER ELEPHANTS BEHIND IT SO IT CAN TREAT THE WATER SQUARE AS ANY OTHER SQUARE.

MOTTLED SQUARES: THE FIRST ELEPHANT TO.LAND EXACTLY ON THESE SQUARES COLLECTS THE LOGS.

HOME SQUARE: THE FIRST ELEPHANT HERE COLLECTS 3 LOGS, SECOND COLLECTS TWO AND THIRD COLLECTS ONE.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO LAND EXACTLY ON HOME TO FINISH.

VICTOR IS THE ONE WITH THE MOST LOGS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arno
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mb
There are 5 mottled squares, each with 2 logs. 5 x 2 = 10 logs.
The building in the centre contains 3 + 2 + 1 = 6 logs.
This makes a total of 16 logs, I guess... Not 17.

I played this game with 2 players, the outcome was a draw: 8-8
I don't get it how it could end in a different way, it's too easy with 2 players...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Gingell
United Kingdom
Leeds
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only 1 log is picked up from a 'mottled square' at a time, so my experience of a 2-player game with 2 elephants each is that you can commonly prevent later elephants landing on the log squares with the result that quite a few logs get missed. A score of 8-8 seems possible but unlikely.
16 logs set out on the board means that one log is spare (since 17 logs are supplied with the German rules stating that the 17th is "in Reserve"). This means that with 2 or 4 players you could have a tie for first place. Does anyone have an idea as to what could be done with the 17th log?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.