Yash Gupta
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
This is the second game I played yesterday with my roommates after we played one of the suggested sets from intrigue and everyone(including two beginners) loved the dynamics with the curse cards.

It went on much longer than the first game, and the pile of curse cards was emptied about 3/4ths of the way through the game. I wanted to share the setup and hear what you have to say.

Secret Chamber:
Masquerade
Quarry
City
Torturer
Mountebank
Goons
Bank
Kings Court
Peddler

We also kept the platinum and colony cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Neuhaus
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://dominionstrategy.com/2011/03/18/combo-of-the-day-24-k...

This set contains a combo that exploits the only acknowledged "bug" in the dominion rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pater Absurdus
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
There's really no wrong way to use a margarita pool
badge
"What is best in Life? To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
mbmbmbmbmb
Yashrg wrote:
This is the second game I played yesterday with my roommates after we played one of the suggested sets from intrigue and everyone(including two beginners) loved the dynamics with the curse cards.

It went on much longer than the first game, and the pile of curse cards was emptied about 3/4ths of the way through the game. I wanted to share the setup and hear what you have to say.

Secret Chamber:
Masquerade
Quarry
City
Torturer
Mountebank
Goons
Bank
Kings Court
Peddler

We also kept the platinum and colony cards.

This is a bit of an aside but...

I abhor the Kings court, Goons, Masquerade combo. I believe it is broken and lame.

2 things could have led to it not existing: If a person cannot give up a card then they should be left out of the rotation for receiving a card with Masquerade and tokens that can be received from Goons (and cards like it) should be limited.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennison Milenkaya
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, Goons should be two cards: One that rewards victory tokens for each purchase that turn and provides a +1 Buy for that purpose and one that provides 2 coins and forces a discard by opponents. The first card would be fairly priced at 6 coins and the second at 4 coins and perhaps called Militia.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pater Absurdus
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"What is best in Life? To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
mbmbmbmbmb
FlatOnHisFace wrote:
Also, Goons should be two cards: One that rewards victory tokens for each purchase that turn and provides a +1 Buy for that purpose and one that provides 2 coins and forces a discard by opponents. The first card would be fairly priced at 6 coins and the second at 4 coins and perhaps called Militia.

I see what you did there...

Also, good point!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yash Gupta
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
oh. didnt know that. I will try replacing masquerade with some other trasher. Any suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pater Absurdus
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How about ambassador? It has a similar feel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennison Milenkaya
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a fan of Steward. It works well with all the actions granted from Cities and when played thrice by King's Courts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.