BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Sabotage/Coop games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stavros N.
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
I've managed to get a couple friends to play board some games occasionally for the past year or so and one of their favorite games is The Resistance. I'm looking for recommendations of the same genre which I don't know what it's called... Right now I only own The Resistance and Werewolves of Miller's Hollow. Unfortunately we usually don't have enough players for Werewolves so I'm looking for games that can be played with around 3-6 people. Hopefully I can tempt them with a few more "sabotage" games and we can finally get around to playing Munchkin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Parker
United States
Aggieland
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
You're only young once...but you can be immature the rest of your life!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure sounds like you're talking about Saboteur ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you mean semi-cooperative, or "traitor games", then here's some options to consider:

1) Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game (one of my favorite games!)

2) Saboteur and Saboteur 2 (expansion-only editions)

3) The Castle of the Devil

4) Target Earth (when using the "advanced game" rules)

5) Panic Station
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Washington

Long Island City
New York
msg tools

Let's not forget Shadows over Camelot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sheldon
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mb
+1 for Saboteur, especially for a light group like that, and it plays up to 11 I think, it probably isn't so good with 3-4 though. Another option might be Panic Station although the rules are somewhat more complex and the rulebook is kind of a mess. Also better with more people, 5+ I'd say. Probably best to stick with Saboteur as it is much cheaper ($10ish).

Munchkin is pretty light, I'd think if your friends can handle The Resistance they should be able to handle Munchkin, it's just a matter of whether they will like it or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stavros N.
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
These are the kind of games I'm looking for! Thanks. Oh and I know my friends can play munchkin but ever since someone told them it's like D&D they won't touch it with a 10 foot pole.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gorski

Chicago
Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmb
There's Bang! and Shadow Hunters. Shadow Hunters has mechanics that keep the game moving.

There's also Betrayal at House on the Hill sort of. Halfway through the game one person becomes the villain. The heroes have their own secret win conditions and the villain has his own as well. E.g. the heroes have to kill Dracula with the Holy Symbol. Dracula is trying to get 6 bats into the Crypt so he becomes immortal. If anything just say your playing Scooby-Doo the game. (Meanwhile the heroes think the villains win condition is kill them all.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.