Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marc Santi
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mb
Hello fellow Battlecon players! My brother and I were thinking of playing a tag match soon, but I wanted some clarification on a few things beforehand.

When a player gets tagged out, will his/her current modes be active again when he/she gets tagged back in? For example, would Magdelina be at whatever level she was at? Would Zaamassal have the paradigm he had active? Would Kallistar be in her elemental form if she left in it?

Also, would any tokens they spent remain in the token discard? And would Khadath leave his gate trap at its current space, but its effects (-3/-1 Priority) will affect opponents until he is put back into play?

Also for token monsters, would Juto or Danny’s monsters remain on the board? If so, would Danny’s monsters be able to be removed from opponents even though Danny is not in play?

Thank in advance, and I apologize if these questions come off as confusing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
marcsanti wrote:
When a player gets tagged out, will his/her current modes be active again when he/she gets tagged back in? For example, would Magdelina be at whatever level she was at? Would Zaamassal have the paradigm he had active? Would Kallistar be in her elemental form if she left in it?

While a character is 'tagged out' his unique abilities are put 'on pause' Kallistar doesn't take elemental damage, Zaam retains paradigms, Magdelina retains her levels. These states resume working as soon as the character tags back into play.

marcsanti wrote:
Also, would any tokens they spent remain in the token discard? And would Khadath leave his gate trap at its current space, but its effects (-3/-1 Priority) will affect opponents until he is put back into play?

Also for token monsters, would Juto or Danny’s monsters remain on the board? If so, would Danny’s monsters be able to be removed from opponents even though Danny is not in play?

Things like Juto, Monsters, and the Gate Trap would stay on the board. However, since the effects of these markers are determined by the unique abilities of the characters, they have no effect on gameplay (nor can they be removed) as long as the characters who 'own' them are tagged out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Santi
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mb
Awesome, thanks for the quick reply Brad!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.