Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Mansions of Madness» Forums » Rules

Subject: "Blood Ties" Scenerio Event 3 Question. Heelllppppp!! *SPOILER ALERT* rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zeppelin rules!
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The 3rd event card in Blood Ties has some story fluff about a Latin phrase the blood relatives Uncle taught him. Then the cards says, "The blood relative may have his investigator repeat this to resolve the below effect. He may not know the result before choosing."
The card then has 2 events based on the story choice of the keeper, 5A is Graveyard bursts into flames(Positive?) and 5B is a zombie rises from the graveyard(definately Negative). My question is, does the blood relative simply choose whether or not to repeat the phrase? Choosing to repeat the phrase makes the event happen? Choosing not to repeat the phrase makes nothing happen at all? If this is the case, who the hell would ever repeat the phrase?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Kreutzer
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If the players have never played the scenario, they might be curious about what will happen and try it out. If they know the scenario in all its iterations, they might want to take a gamble in order to get the positive result (Graveyard in Flames) - it's a one-in-three chance respectively to get a positive result or a negative result or a neutral result (i. e., nothing happens).

(As there is no 5C chit, it's 50-50.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Kreutzer
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And sure, if the Blood Relative says that he won't repeat the phrase, nothing will happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeppelin rules!
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what I thought but it kinda felt like I was missing something. Thanks for the speedy reply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mooseulie Ferenczy
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Choosing to do nothing causes nothing. I thought there was another phrase chant thing that had a positive effect. I've never actually run scenario 3, so I don't remember everything all that well. Also, you never know what happens until you try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.