Subject: Mace Tyrell rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Marliave
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am prepping for my first 2nd edition game of thrones. Two question I still have:
If Mace Tyrell attacks an area with only one footman and a defense order, does the defender retain the defense order bonus after the footman is removed?

Also, for the wildling attack that removes two units from a castle or stronghold. If the player is unable to remove two units from a castle or stronghold, are there any restrictions on subsequent unit removal? Do they have to be from the same area if able? Does it matter at all whether they are from castles or not?

Thanks, looking forward to the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Marliave
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Regarding the wildling card, even though it says "if unable, he destroys two of his units anywhere", it still doesn't affect units outside of castles? Or it just doesn't have to be stacked units? And if he has no stacks, he just destroys one unit somewhere, not two units on different areas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dezza
Australia
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Because of the order of combat, you still keep the combat strength from the defense order. Instead of a base total 2 combat strength, the area will only have base 1 combat strength (due to the +1 defense token).
Quote:
Rules pg 13: A Defense Order will contribute its
defensive bonus against any number of attacks against its assigned
area
during the same game round.

The defense order should be removed after battle as the area is vacant.
FAQ pg 2, Loras vs Arianne wrote:
an Order
token cannot exist in an area without units.

2. "Destroy two units at one castle/stronghold".

Two units sitting on one castle/stronghold area must be destroyed

"If unable destroy two units from anywhere" (castle, stronghold, grass, even boats in water or port).

Two units sitting on any one area , or one unit sitting in one area, and the second in a different area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JohnnyC Waytobe
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
SharkUltimate wrote:
I am prepping for my first 2nd edition game of thrones. Two question I still have:
If Mace Tyrell attacks an area with only one footman and a defense order, does the defender retain the defense order bonus after the footman is removed?

Yes. The defense order will count toward the defender's combat strength. However, after the combat the order will be removed. (Regardless of who wins).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dezza
Australia
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
and for extra confirmation of the first question.
Official Responses from FFG thread wrote:

Mace Tyrell House Card
If Mace is used in a combat against an opponent that only has a single footman on the field, does the battle end immediately because one side has no units remaining.

"No. A combat is still continued as normal, the only difference being that the opponent would have a contributing combat strength of 0 for his units. Supporting units still apply, however, as do House cards, Defense orders, etc."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tyrell apprentice
Canada
flag msg tools
I assume if that area's supported by an adjacent area, the support still counts even if the footmen is removed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brad sheehan
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
Can a routed unit be chosen for removal? Or is the choice of which fm is destroyed left up to the tyrell player?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Carlsson
Sweden
Vikingstad
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
bsheehan34 wrote:
Can a routed unit be chosen for removal? Or is the choice of which fm is destroyed left up to the tyrell player?

Routed units can not be selected as casualties. Neither to Siege engines...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Hall
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The FM removed by Mace Tyrell must be "one of the attacking or defending footmen", ie they must be involved in the combat, so already routed units can't be a target for him.

Another question: Mace's card says "immediately remove", which is before combat - what if opponent is Tyrion? Does Mace remove the opposing FM and then be replaced?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dezza
Australia
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the rules p19 wrote:

"1. Any “Ignore” or “Cancel” text abilities are first resolved in
the player order of the Iron Throne track."

From the FAQ wrote:
Q: If a House card’s text ability says
“immediately...,” when is that card resolved?
A: After any “ignore” or “cancel” text abilities are
resolved, but before any other effects are resolved.

It may be later in the card, but the use of 'cancel' (and Tyrion is the only card with a 'cancel'. And actually, no cards use 'Ignore') makes it go first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.