tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Finn
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I am attempting to self-publish my games in the future and to begin my own (very small) game publishing company with Scripts and Scribes: The Dice Game. In the past, I did manufacture and self-publish games, but the quality was low. Now, I am trying to use professional manufacturers and good artists to make a better product. While I think kickstarter looks like a good idea, there is a small fee and, given the small margins I am presently working with, I'd rather just try to raise the funds through pre-orders. I've got a few hundred people on my email list and I think I can count on some of them to pre-order.

In short, I'm hoping to self-publish 1-2 games year, but games with high quality components, good artwork, and, of course, solid game mechanics.

Steve
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good deal.

I'm looking forward to this game no matter how it gets done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jflartner
United States
Conshohocken
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eekamouse wrote:
Good deal.

I'm looking forward to this game no matter how it gets done.

agreed.

ps Steve, you owe me a new keyboard. This one has drool all over it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonardo Martino
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
drfinn wrote:
Now, I am trying to use professional manufacturers and good artists to make a better product.

I pulled the trigger on Biblios mainly becaus of awesome graphics of Iello newer edition ( I could not stand graphics of earlier edition and I think my gaming group wouldnt either!). As long as it has decent graphics I'll be happy to purchase the dice game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Riessen
United States
Sebastopol
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
kalevi1999 wrote:
drfinn wrote:
Now, I am trying to use professional manufacturers and good artists to make a better product.

I pulled the trigger on Biblios mainly becaus of awesome graphics of Iello newer edition ( I could not stand graphics of earlier edition and I think my gaming group wouldnt either!). As long as it has decent graphics I'll be happy to purchase the dice game!

On the other hand you couldnt pry the original edition away from us, and we've no interest in the Iello version. That said, I too will be ordering the dice game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Kazimierczak
United States
Falmouth
Maine
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately I jumped on the bandwagon too late to get a copy of Biblios.soblue cry I'm not willing to part with my firstborn for a copy from internet scalpers or trade my entire boardgame collection away for it.

But I am excited about Scripts and Scribes the Dice Game!

How does one get on a preorder mailing list?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Finn
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Information for pre-ordering now may be found at www.doctorfinns.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tracy Baker
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
drfinn wrote:
I am attempting to self-publish my games in the future and to begin my own (very small) game publishing company with Scripts and Scribes: The Dice Game. In the past, I did manufacture and self-publish games, but the quality was low. Now, I am trying to use professional manufacturers and good artists to make a better product. While I think kickstarter looks like a good idea, there is a small fee and, given the small margins I am presently working with, I'd rather just try to raise the funds through pre-orders. I've got a few hundred people on my email list and I think I can count on some of them to pre-order.

In short, I'm hoping to self-publish 1-2 games year, but games with high quality components, good artwork, and, of course, solid game mechanics.

Steve

I just pre-ordered Blblios and Scripts & Scribes: The Dice Game, and based on the feedback you get for your games here you might want to investigate Kickstarter more thoroughly. It has the potential to drive your sales to a level where you can submit an order big enough to bring your per-unit cost way down.

You obviously know more about it than I do, but when I see how successful some of the projects have been on there that are on much shakier ground than your solid offerings, putting your games on there seems like it might work out better than you expect. Worst case, it's not funded, and you're back where you were.

Looking forward to finally trying your designs!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Kazimierczak
United States
Falmouth
Maine
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Preordered both games! I think not doing Kickstarter was the right decision because this is an amazing price for both games and that's more important to me than promo cards, a strategy guide or a giant plush monk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Marling
United Kingdom
Cambridge
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I completely understand your terms for shipping outside the US, but it has stopped me ordering the games. do you think there's a chance they'll be at Essen later this year? And if so, could that be a pre-order option?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jflartner
United States
Conshohocken
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kaziam wrote:
Preordered both games! I think not doing Kickstarter was the right decision because this is an amazing price for both games and that's more important to me than promo cards, a strategy guide or a giant plush monk.

darn...was hoping for a Kickstarter because I really wanted a plush monk...or maybe a plush book!!...ah well, I guess I'll just go ahead and preorder via the website...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nivet
Ireland
Cork City
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jobin13 wrote:
darn...was hoping for a Kickstarter because I really wanted a plush monk...or maybe a plush book!!...ah well, I guess I'll just go ahead and preorder via the website...

How about engraved dice as a stretch goal...whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.