Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Julio C├ęsar
Argentina
Rosario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
I like the idea of the game, but abstract games sometimes doesn't get much attention. I think a great retheme for this game is a SUMO RUMBLE between two -or more- rivals schools. Just a thought but you can add minis -the sumo wrestlers- with their rank/speed in their belts.
See ya!

PS: i love to read some feedback

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
quelf elf
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you seen Sumo!?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi Julio,

It's funny you should mention Sumo wrestlers...it was certainly one of the "themes" we considered from Epigo early in development. One of the big problems with an abstract game is that often a theme can feel very "tacked on", and rub people the wrong way. After a lot of consideration we felt that Sumo Wrestlers, while cool in their own right, wouldn't be the best way for our company to make its first impression.

We know the Babylonian theme might not appeal to everyone, but we felt it appealed to a wider audience. The fact that I had never heard of the Sumo game mentioned by quelf should be some indication of the risk involved (although that game looks pretty cool, and I'm going to try and get my hands on a copy).

Believe it or not, I made well over 20 different board and piece designs for Epigo before we settled on the Babylonian theme. I plan on publishing a longer story on the development of Epigo in the near future (with plenty of photos). There's plenty of sordid tales of long hours spent laboring on my computer for ideas that ended up being dead on arrival. The benefit being I earned a lot of XP in graphic design

As always, thanks for playing Epigo!

- Chris K
Masquerade Games LLC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.