Popular Tags: [View All]
DC
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Edit: The original poster deleted the original post, which asked about a discrepancy between the iOS rules for Bang! and the printed rulebook. Specifically: the iOS version (apparently) won't allow the deputy to shoot the sheriff, or the renegade to shoot an outlaw.

If you ever ask a question and find that it is answered, please don't delete your post. You'll just leave a headless thread like this one behind.

On to my previous answer:

No, those are definitely not part of the rules of the "physical" game. In fact, the bluffing about your role is really key -- it might be worthwhile for the renegade to take a potshot at the sheriff, to make people think he's an outlaw. Similar for the deputy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Broggi
United States
Southwick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think those are in the iOS version, are they? The Renegade may want to attack the Sheriff if he's getting too strong. I cannot see why someone would want to do #2 though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Broggi
United States
Southwick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, but at the expense of making the sheriff think you are an outlaw? Not worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DC
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Alternately, some of us just plain enjoy injecting chaos into the metagame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Everyone above is correct, those rules do not exist in the normal version.

Part of the reason for this is that those 2 rules would NOT be enforceable in the tabletop game.
No one knows 100% if your the Deputy or Renegade during the game, thus they don't know if you 'couldn't' shoot the Sheriff until you die or the game is over. And then how would they penalize you?

Whereas in the electronic version, the "game" knows who everyone is, and can stop you from doing something without letting the other players know that you even tried to do something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
Gaming is for having fun. Fun requires clear rules.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But the rule #1 is nonsense. If Renegade has 2-3 lifes, Sheriff has 5 and Outlaw has 2, Renegade should shoot the Sheriff to lower his life (Outlaw has no chance to kill him) and wait for the moment when Outlaw has only 1 life to take reward and fight with weakened Sheriff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
soccastar001 wrote:
Well, a rule doesn't need to be enforceable to be a rule.

True, but it REALLY helps to be able to enforce a rule.

soccastar001 wrote:
I think the rules were probably just added to simplify the game since inherently a game like that loses something in digital without the ability to talk, bluff, accuse, etc. so you're forced to make decisions based solely on their actual actions.

Agreed, more or less.
Whoever made the digital version may have just been on something too...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Urk ... I'm guessing the original post from this discussion has been removed?
The first post I see is by dcclark.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rainbow Snake wrote:
Urk ... I'm guessing the original post from this discussion has been removed?
The first post I see is by dcclark.

You appear to be correct sir.

The original topic concerned minor (?) rules changes present in Electronic versions of BANG!
Mainly, Deputies could NOT purposely shoot at the Sheriff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.