Subject: Allied Air Power rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrea Scubla
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I'm playing a campaign game with my team buddies, a particular thing came out during the course of the game. Allied air power.

It is relatively simple for the german player to know how the drops happens and so when the air strikes occours. So to prevent the column exit (before the strikes occurs) moves by the german player, what do you think about that the allied air strikes perform like german ones with a dice roll that defines the hour of entry during the course of the day?

Or this house rules will make allied air strikes too powerful because they heavy interdict german road move?

soon I will do a translation (from italian) of AAR of the current campaign game but who will want to see some photo will be welcome at
http://skubar.wordpress.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
武士に二言無し
Italy
Caravaggio near Bergamo near Milano
Europe + Earth + Via Lactea
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ciao Andreas,

I think that answer lies in your second question!

From my experience, a too strong interdiction can seriously unbalance the game against the Germans.

Are you playing an entire Campaign TDC + WED?
Where? I'm from Caravaggio (BG) and I'll surely make a train's subscription to play these two wonders!!

Do you play OCS?

F.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Scubla
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ciao Filippo, you have a pm .

Of course the number of air strikes remain the same only splitted in more turns (or lost due to fog).

Yesterday german was seriously hit by air strikes (9 step loss) but only because we choose not to see enemy reinforcements chart and this was our first campaign game (i doubt will happen again).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starkweather
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I would leave as is...Allied air was very poor at interdiction in this campaign and was mostly used to take out flak to protect the drops.

They were somewhat more effective down south (in the WED area) but still not like they were in Normandy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Citrom
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Adam, could you kindly comment on the history vs. the game itself. Model essentially dismissed the captured MG plans, but I was reading that his staff did not. They issued orders and planned taking the MG plans as true. Is this part of your design? Said, differently, I'm just spitballing; is this refelected in the game or ought it be reflected, etc. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starkweather
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a random event in WED (and in the grand game of both) about capturing enemy plans but there is no specific rule for the actual downed glider in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.