Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Kennedy
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
It appears to me the only way to reduce the blockade is to achieve European Recognition (per 14.4). There does't seem to be any action the Confederacy can take to reverse the seemingly inexorable advance of the Union's blockade.

Am I missing something or is European Recognition the only way to break the Union's Anaconda Plan?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Delesdernier
United States
Metairie
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reverse, no. The only way to reverse the blockade is to be recognized. I do recall that naval options (if available) do offer the opportunity to slow the blockade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kennedy
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Hmm...breaking the blockade seems to be crucial if there's to be any hope of victory against Lincoln and the Yankees. The blockade will ultimately crush Confederate morale and economy. It can't be ignored or treated as a sideshow.

To break the blockade, it takes European Recognition. Europen Recognition requires Northern invasions to have any plausible hope for success. The Confederate army needs resources to defend the Confederacy and take the war to the north. Resources and General Lee are instrumental here. The war seems to be about the interplay of these factors -- breaking the blockade, European Recognition, battlefield success.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans von Stockhausen

California
msg tools
A quick reply based on memory (I'm at work). You can slow down the blockade with torpedoes and Ironclads. I think the Ironclad scare event will allow you to effect the Blockade.

Hans
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kennedy
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Turns out, Submarines allow you to shift the blockade one space. Alas, they arrive in 1863 and you have to get your hands on them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.