Chris Copac
United States
Hudson
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got a fledgling game group started, and I was looking to take my collection and group the games together by mechanic. As in, a list of all games I own with Deck Building, all games I own with Set Collection, all games I own with Worker Placement, etc. Each game in the collection could appear in multiple different mechanic lists. My players are expressing interest in mechanics over theme right now ("I like that Dominion one where you get to build your deck") and I'm hoping grouping my collection by mechanic will help me expand their horizons to other games.

Is this something I should be able to accomplish with the Collection view on the site, or something I would have to consider digging into the API to create?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Try using the filters or doing an advanced search of your/+other users collections.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Copac
United States
Hudson
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't see anything in the filters that referenced mechanics. I guess I can just search my collection for each individual mechanic, but was hoping there was a way to just get a report of my collection, with the mechanics along side it.

Thanks for your help, Liam!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup your right about the filters on your own collection.

BGG 2.0 has a lot of ground to cover...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.