Popular Tags: [View All]
Alan Tapia
United States
Dobbs Ferry
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Hello Everyone,

I'm having a bit of a hard time finding trade partners for these games. While I see a lot of people with these games listed on Want for Trade, no one wants to actually pull the trigger on making a trade. Anyway, figure I'd try here.

What I'm specifically looking for are the games on my want list. I suppose I could also sell these games, but would prefer one buyer, so as to save on shipping. Well, that's all.

Glad to be a new member of BGG!

Alan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Fenrick
United States
Yukon
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What has been your issue? People not replying, or just not having the games you want? I know that I often have wants, but I don't necessarily want this for that type of thing.

Anyways, for what it's worth, I want your copy of AoE3, but I don't see any games on your wantlist that I am willing to trade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Fenrick
United States
Yukon
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, and welcome to BGG! It is a great place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Wisser
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Yes, I know "faith" is misspelled ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm having problems finding people to trade with too. I think it's because we have no trade feedback, unfortunately :/ Well, if no one ever gives us a chance, we'll never have feedback. It's beginning to irritate me :[

I even offered a trade to someone who told me he wasn't sure if he wanted to part with his game. Then why is it on your freakin trade list? lol..

Anyway, best of luck. Wish your games appealed to me so we could make a trade-

Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Fenrick
United States
Yukon
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
blindfaeth wrote:
I think it's because we have no trade feedback
I'm not sure if that is the case. I pretty much trust most people on here with or without feedback. A lot of times though, it might be trade desire. Like I have Shogun listed for trade. I actually don't want to trade it much, but if I got a game in my top 2 or 3 wants then I might. A lot of people experience some difficulties getting trades together, and I know I have.

If you get really serious with it you can always try math trades. They run trial runs where no games change hands but you can learn the system. Honestly they are pretty easy to do but can intimidate people. Most of my trades come through there now as I find you can get the games you want easier at times since you don't have to have the same game preferences as the person you are trading with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Tapia
United States
Dobbs Ferry
New York
flag msg tools
mb
blindfaeth wrote:
I'm having problems finding people to trade with too. I think it's because we have no trade feedback, unfortunately :/ Well, if no one ever gives us a chance, we'll never have feedback. It's beginning to irritate me :[

I even offered a trade to someone who told me he wasn't sure if he wanted to part with his game. Then why is it on your freakin trade list? lol..

Anyway, best of luck. Wish your games appealed to me so we could make a trade-

Kevin

Haha, yeah 90% of my trade declines are from people who say they didn't want the game in the first place, even though it was on their list. Oh well, maybe it's just a nice way of saying no.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Tapia
United States
Dobbs Ferry
New York
flag msg tools
mb
tacoSEVEN wrote:
What has been your issue? People not replying, or just not having the games you want? I know that I often have wants, but I don't necessarily want this for that type of thing.

Anyways, for what it's worth, I want your copy of AoE3, but I don't see any games on your wantlist that I am willing to trade.

Yeah, maybe that's my problem. The games I want are the games people want to keep. Although, I'm fairly certain the majority of my trade requests are through matches (for trade, and want in trade). Guess I should start looking at those math trades.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Tapia
United States
Dobbs Ferry
New York
flag msg tools
mb
tacoSEVEN wrote:

Thanks! Now I just need to work on getting an avatar to make me feel I really belong... that, and acquiring 200 games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Fenrick
United States
Yukon
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aonex wrote:
tacoSEVEN wrote:

Thanks! Now I just need to work on getting an avatar to make me feel I really belong... that, and acquiring 200 games.
You caught me in a good mood. Go get an avatar...sorry, can't help with the games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested in Runewars. Check out my trade AND owned lists and let me know if I have anything you might want. I would trade multiple games for your one.

Welcome to the geek! cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Holmes
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
Brawling Brothers!
badge
Team Brandon!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested in your Tide of Iron look at my collection see if anything grabs your attention.

Oh. And welcome !!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Culp
United States
Gillette
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also interested in tide of iron, if you want to take a look

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Tapia
United States
Dobbs Ferry
New York
flag msg tools
mb
tacoSEVEN wrote:
Aonex wrote:
tacoSEVEN wrote:

You caught me in a good mood. Go get an avatar...sorry, can't help with the games.

Holy crap, dude... thanks! I was just trying to figure out how to earn geek gold. I'm thinking I'll still make a contribution, just cause I know how hard it is for nonprofits to function. But yeah, really appreciate it... let me know if you ever need anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Tapia
United States
Dobbs Ferry
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for all the responses so far guys, will take a look at lists when I have a moment and get back to you. But first, I have to find an avatar!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Fenrick
United States
Yukon
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aonex wrote:
tacoSEVEN wrote:
Aonex wrote:
tacoSEVEN wrote:

Holy crap, dude... thanks! I was just trying to figure out how to earn geek gold. I'm thinking I'll still make a contribution, just cause I know how hard it is for nonprofits to function. But yeah, really appreciate it... let me know if you ever need anything.
Well contributing is cool if you use this a lot. But that way you can use your geekgold on microbadges.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Tapia
United States
Dobbs Ferry
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Speaking of microbadges, OKC Thunder eh? Nice win against against the Heat the other day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Fenrick
United States
Yukon
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aonex wrote:
Speaking of microbadges, OKC Thunder eh? Nice win against against the Heat the other day.
You're asking for more geekgold aren't you? Haha, man I LOVE the Thunder. They have been good this past week but scared me the few weeks before the Minnesota game last week.

Sidetracked convo - Are you a fan of anyone Aonex? Or just aware of NBA happenings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Tapia
United States
Dobbs Ferry
New York
flag msg tools
mb
I'm actually originally from LA, so yeah I'm a Lakers fan (should be a great game tonight)... I'd say after the Lakers, I like the Thunder and the Bulls (both led by quiet, unassuming superstars), then the Spurs (Tim Duncan plays D&D).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aonex wrote:
I'm actually originally from LA, so yeah I'm a Lakers fan (should be a great game tonight)... I'd say after the Lakers, I like the Thunder and the Bulls (both led by quiet, unassuming superstars), then the Spurs (Tim Duncan plays D&D).

Duncan plays D&D?!?!? cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Seguin
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pekin2121 wrote:
Aonex wrote:

Duncan plays D&D?!?!? cool

Yes, Tim Duncan is a regular D&D player. He has said as much on interviews with Jay Leno and ESPN guys. I thought most gamers knew that.

On a side track, Vin Diesel plays, as do two of the band members for Creed.

(Okay, totally sidetracked conversation - I will look at your trade list and see if anything piques my interest. If it does, I will try to assist you in amassing your games, although no guarantees - I just sold off 18 games in a recent flea market at my FLGS).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne Gray
United States
Akron
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could also try Math Trades. It is also a good way to build up some trade feedback. Not that I have a lot of trade ratings but all of them I got via Math trades.

p.s. Go Raps! (for a good lottery pick that is)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹɹǝʞ uɐɥʇɐu
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would recommend a Math Trade.

I've also had success by finding everyone who had what I wanted for trade, geekmailing each one (I just copied and pasted), and letting each one know that they had something I wanted and offered my main "For Trade" items.

Most of them ignored me, some said "no", some said "maybe", and one said "yes"!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stoic Bird
United States
Fairport
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aonex wrote:
I'm thinking I'll still make a contribution, just cause I know how hard it is for nonprofits to function.

Welcome!

Contributions are certainly welcome, but BGG is a for-profit site. I don't bring this up as a dissuasion (see patron badge; I personally don't have a problem with it), but I wanted to make sure you had awareness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.