Popular Tags: [View All]
Gustavo
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone,

I'm interested in playing a few PBEM games via Vassal, but it seems that the message system in this program would not be as efficient as the good old BGG forums. Please leave a message below if you are interested as well, so fellow geeks can send you a PM and set a game up.

As of right now, I'm only interested in playing scenarios 1-3, because I still didn't have time to learn the rules for tanks and such.

---------------

Question: how should one do regarding movement and OP fire in BoB when PBEMing? Should the player move a single hex, send the log file, the other player OKs it, move the next hex, and so on?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Apollo Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Quote:
Question: how should one do regarding movement and OP fire in BoB when PBEMing? Should the player move a single hex, send the log file, the other player OKs it, move the next hex, and so on?

Not sure if I can do PBEM at the moment, however it works VERY well.

To answer your question:

Player 1 moves through as much of his/her operation phase as he/she feels comfortable with (for instance up until you might reveal a decoy).
Then that player sends the log to Player 2.
When Player 2 opens the log he/she immediately hits file-> Begin Logfile and starts a new log.
Player 2 may then step through the rest of Player 1's logfile.
Those actions will get saved into the new log, but if Player 2 wants to interrupt, he/she just does!
Then Player 2 ends the log file and sends it back.

So it's much more efficient than sending 1 hex movement per turn!

Clear as mud?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Dietrich
United States
Tracy
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be interested in giving it a try if you still need someone. New to BoB but veteran VASSAL ASL player.

John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chrono280 wrote:
Quote:

Not sure if I can do PBEM at the moment, however it works VERY well.

To answer your question:

Player 1 moves through as much of his/her operation phase as he/she feels comfortable with (for instance up until you might reveal a decoy).
Then that player sends the log to Player 2.
When Player 2 opens the log he/she immediately hits file-> Begin Logfile and starts a new log.
Player 2 may then step through the rest of Player 1's logfile.
Those actions will get saved into the new log, but if Player 2 wants to interrupt, he/she just does!
Then Player 2 ends the log file and sends it back.

So it's much more efficient than sending 1 hex movement per turn!

Clear as mud?

Clear, but I can see some people taking advantage of this. For instance, let's say I moved my squad 5 hexes and send the log. My opponent can go through the whole log and see I moved 5 spaces, then open it again and decide in which part of my movement he will stop me to OP fire. The correct would be to stop the log when you want to OP fire without looking at what happened further, but some people might find it hard to resist.

Still, it's a better idea than 1 movement hex per log. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stewie wrote:
I'd be interested in giving it a try if you still need someone. New to BoB but veteran VASSAL ASL player.

John

No problem, I'm new to BoB and never played any other wargame, so you are probably in better shape than me... Let me send you a PM and we go from there.

To all: keep replying to this list, you might find a gaming partner by looking at each other's posts (also, who said we cannot play 2 PBEM games at once? )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Harris
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Me too although gameplay maybe be slow as I'm still a little shakey about some of the rules :s

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
r i
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Would love to play PBEM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
[listitem=2307485]Interested in PBeM?[/listitem]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.