Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gary Clarkson
United States
Watertown
NEW YORK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all I wanted to share the experience I had this evening playing Quarriors with my three sons: D 10yo, G 8yo, B 5yo. We bought this game over the weekend and played to walk through just to familiarize ourselves with the rules. I also watched the Dice Tower review to get a good warm and fuzzy for the workings.

We began with setting up the wilderness which is always fun:

Assistant Quiddity Portals

Life spell#4 Death Charm#5 Victory Incarnation#9

Devotee of Holy Query#3Warrior #4 Hag#5Mighty Ooze#5 Defender#5Deathdealer#6 Wizard#8

We decided to begin with the youngest player B...and we were off. The first three rounds didn't see any significant action as we built up our dice pool and scored 1 and 2 pts here and there with the pawns we bought from the assistant dice.

At this point the game started to get interesting my oldest was able to bring out two defenders of the Pale. He laughed at the rest of us and boasted his military might. He then forgot to attack and mentioned it after his little brother took his turn. I told him that it is important to keep your head in the game. To concentrate on the moment and not on all the possibilities when it is your turn. You can think about everything else when it is someone else turn. That as you might expect didn't go over very well.

The next major event came when my youngest was at the 9 point mark and had 3 potential points to score. My oldest again put up really good dice rolls of of two deathdealers and wiped out every active unit on the table. This he was very happy with and I had to remind him to stop gloating. The next two turns ended up with me at 8pts, D at 11pts, B at 10 points, and G at 8 pts.

At this point it looked like my oldest D was going to win because he had 4 potential scoring points. He was dancing and singing about winning. My youngest B only rolled quiddity as did my self. Then my middle so rolled an amazing roll..he was able to bring out a Hag, deathdealer and defender. Their combined might defeated my oldest. there was much wailing and nashing of teeth...lol.

Then myself and my other two sons only rolled quiddity so my middle son G won the game!!!!

post--- I would have to say that I really love this game for family game night for many great reasons:

1. its fun!!
2. I am able to work math lessons into the match.
3. My youngest son gets to continue working on reading.
4. It is fast pace and balanced.

thanks,
Doc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bird
Australia
CURRAMBINE
W.A.
flag msg tools
14,100+ Profile Views and counting!
badge
Want Geekgold? Visit my profile!
mbmbmbmbmb
Great to hear you had a awesome game experience with the family

Am sure an admin will pick it up but I think this should have been posted here instead;
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/forum/948038/quarriors/sessions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Clarkson
United States
Watertown
NEW YORK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks!! Still trying to learn all the navigation around here...lol

Doc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emile de Maat
Netherlands
Hengelo
Overijssel
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved Thread
Moved this thread from the General Gaming forum to the Quarriors! Sessions forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.