Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph L
United States
South Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a stickler for playing the "official" version of games. After looking around I've seen allusions to using 15 tiles total (stash tiles in the bottom 4) in the French reprint describing the scenario "Who Dares, Wins"

Is the official word 15 tiles or 12 tiles for this scenario?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Randy Weston - The Spirits of Our Ancestors
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
abadnewsbear wrote:
I'm a stickler for playing the "official" version of games. After looking around I've seen allusions to using 15 tiles total (stash tiles in the bottom 4) in the French reprint describing the scenario "Who Dares, Wins"

Is the official word 15 tiles or 12 tiles for this scenario?

Thanks!

See what the designer said here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph L
United States
South Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I saw that, just wanted to to double-check since it's been a year and a half since that post. From what I've gathered on the forum, you're an expert on the game so if you say 15 tiles still the proper number, that's good enough for me.

Thanks for the quick reply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Randy Weston - The Spirits of Our Ancestors
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
abadnewsbear wrote:
Yeah I saw that, just wanted to to double-check since it's been a year and a half since that post. From what I've gathered on the forum, you're an expert on the game so if you say 15 tiles still the proper number, that's good enough for me.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Thanks for your confidence in me. I'm definitely not an expert on that particular scenario.

I wrote up a session report after playing it a couple of times, and basically said that using the published rules, it was too unbalanced to be worth spending time on. CROC's suggestion to use 15 tiles came afterwards, and I've never gone back to try it that way. There are so many other good scenarios available that I never felt the need.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.