Charles Sutherland
msg tools
mbmb
We were playing the New Caprica phase last night and ran into some uncertainties, when a Cylon Leader has infiltrated the fleet he is considered Human for all purposes, thus what is he considered when he transitions into the New Caprica phase, Human or Cylon?

Secondly if Cylon and he has an agenda that allows him to win if the humans win, what can he do to help them since all cylon boxes in the New Caprica phase seem to hurt the humans.

Third if he exits New Caprica can he enter into the BSG directly since he was inflitrated before or does he have to move to the Cylon Human Fleet box first for one move and then in the next move infiltrate back into the Galatica?

Thanks

Cavil the good LOL!

ps. the Humans repaided my saving their sorry rears twice by jumping away and leaving me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
He is considered human on New Caprica, since he was a human when you got there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
WVjunk wrote:
We were playing the New Caprica phase last night and ran into some uncertainties, when a Cylon Leader has infiltrated the fleet he is considered Human for all purposes, thus what is he considered when he transitions into the New Caprica phase, Human or Cylon?

He is still considered human.

Quote:
Secondly if Cylon and he has an agenda that allows him to win if the humans win, what can he do to help them since all cylon boxes in the New Caprica phase seem to hurt the humans.

Not much if he has not infiltrated. About the only thing you can do is use the shipyard to put any ship with one or zero resources at the bottom of the stack. If you want the humans to win you really need to infiltrate before reaching New Caprica. An infiltrating CL uses the human actions.

Quote:
Third if he exits New Caprica can he enter into the BSG directly since he was inflitrated before or does he have to move to the Cylon Human Fleet box first for one move and then in the next move infiltrate back into the Galatica?

If he is still inflitrating he can move from New Caprica to Galactica or Pegasus like any other human.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Good intentions are no substitute for a good education.
badge
I take my fun very seriously.
mbmbmbmbmb
WVjunk wrote:

If he did not stop infiltrating before New Caprica hit, he is still human.

Quote:

If he is infiltrating, he can do what the humans do. If he is not infiltrating, he can use the Ship Yard. There is not much else, I am afraid. So best make sure to be infiltrated if you want a human win.

Quote:

As long as he is infiltrated, he can move as human players do. If he is not infiltrated, he can move between New Caprica and the Cylon locations by dumping a skill card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
See also the UFAQ

http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Battlestar_Galactica_FAQ#...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WVjunk wrote:

GENERAL:
Not much here as well. In addition to using Shipyard; use your skill cards to help humans in any way (ie pass NC crisis cards, get characters out of Detention); or use the global location to detain an unrevealed cylon (not being able to use Res. HQ to go after humans, spam human Breeders Canyon when not ready, or put in more than 2 skill cards to skill checks ain't bad).

Breeders Canyon is only worth in "metagame" situations where someone like Boomer Recon-ed the NC crisis deck and knows for sure it's a good one for a cylon to draw (e.g. it won't activate OF, and skipping the jump prep is still a good thing since you're not prepared yet)

CHARACTER ABILITIES:
Cavil's of almost no dang use unless you want to OPG Shipyard 3 times, and it's risky if the top civvy ends up being something you want them to prep away, as you'll need to find something else to do with your other 2 actions. When the fleets jump back, he can use his special to remove a basestar, but I doubt he can force a civvy ship into space via his special (I believe that's strictly possible only through human Shipyard). Even then, it's sort of a moot point as once the fleets jump back, now you can infiltrate again (probably not enough time left in the game) or use cylon locations for good (Human Fleet to draw cards to help humans pass skill checks, and bury bad NC crisis cards)

Leobon can use his special to provide info on the Destiny deck/give himself good cards/give powerful cards (like Pol. Prow. or Scout For Fuel) to Adama if he hasn't used his OPG yet. He can use his OPG to exchange his crummy hand with a cylon's better hand, or his good hand with a human's inferior hand. Ironically enough, even if Leoben were infiltrating, he probably wouldn't be able to do much on account of his weakness, although he may be able to get in a few choice locations that aren't occupied, or play CP and then XO others.

Cap6 has to steal a card for her special, but at least she can shore up any deficiencies in skill sets (ie the more reds a character draws, the less useful he is *Starbuck* *cough*, so have them draw greens or purples). If your sitting on too many skill cards, her OPG is the way to utilize up to all of them at once to really make a difference.

WVjunk wrote:
ps. the Humans repaided my saving their sorry rears twice by jumping away and leaving me!
Well, no loss in Morale either way, and if you're short on actions, then that is the thing to cut corners on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Kehrer
United States
West Grove
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmb
Keep in mind that while the Cylon leader goes to new caprica as a human player if they were infiltrating, they can still be executed. If a Cylon leader is executed, (or chooses to "die" using the action on the infiltration card) they resurrect at the medical place on new caprica if the fleet isn't back yet or on the resurrection ship if the fleet is in orbit. In either case, they return to being a Cylon player immidiatialy, and if the fleet is not in orbit yet, have no way of reinfiltrating until it arrives.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cristiano Batista
Brazil
Porto Alegre
Rio Grande do Sul
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WVjunk wrote:

In addition to everything that ackmondual suggested, and if everything else looks like a bad option, remember that you always can do nothing. This is a possible action that people rarely remember as valid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cristiano.batista wrote:
WVjunk wrote:

In addition to everything that ackmondual suggested, and if everything else looks like a bad option, remember that you always can do nothing. This is a possible action that people rarely remember as valid.
'shamefully', we've had to waste the 2nd action from an XO on some rare occassions (use the location that can only be used once like FTL Control, but don't have a skill card from hand to play). Or if you're stuck in the Brig with no skill cards to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cristiano Batista
Brazil
Porto Alegre
Rio Grande do Sul
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
'shamefully', we've had to waste the 2nd action from an XO on some rare occassions (use the location that can only be used once like FTL Control, but don't have a skill card from hand to play). Or if you're stuck in the Brig with no skill cards to play.

Yeah, it really sucks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.