Subject: Tactical Retreat rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lior Kiperman
Israel
Ramat Gan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
During Drought (units being routed this summer are destroyed) I was attacking an area controlled by an enemy player. In that area he had 8 units and 1 commander so he decided to play Tactical Retreat:

Play at the start of battle in which you are defending.
Cancel the battle. You must then retreat your units t an adjacent friendly area or destroy them... Your retreating units are not routed.

so he got to keep all of the units in that area, but what happens to his commander? can he retreat with him as well? will he die from retreating since he's not a unit? or he just stays in there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
HealingAura wrote:
During Drought (units being routed this summer are destroyed) I was attacking an area controlled by an enemy player. In that area he had 8 units and 1 commander so he decided to play Tactical Retreat:

Play at the start of battle in which you are defending.
Cancel the battle. You must then retreat your units t an adjacent friendly area or destroy them... Your retreating units are not routed.

so he got to keep all of the units in that area, but what happens to his commander? can he retreat with him as well? will he die from retreating since he's not a unit? or he just stays in there?

I think with Commanders, they are treated like units for the purposes of retreating, so I would say the commander retreats unrouted as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lior Kiperman
Israel
Ramat Gan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The hero would NOT retreat from the area. Since the battle is canceled, he neither lost nor won the battle. The hero remains in the area, standing and unaffected.

I hope this answers your question!
-Corey Konieczka
VP of R&D
Fantasy Flight Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uzix uzikas
United Kingdom
Crawley
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HealingAura wrote:
The hero would NOT retreat from the area. Since the battle is canceled, he neither lost nor won the battle. The hero remains in the area, standing and unaffected.

I hope this answers your question!
-Corey Konieczka
VP of R&D
Fantasy Flight Games

The Hero yes, but what about Commander?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Commanders are Heroes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.