Pierce Ostrander
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone. I'm curious about the "Stater Kit Only" Community. This poll started as a simple, single question, but then I thought of a few more things I am mildly curious about. I see the MMP ASL brain trust every week at ASL playtest night, so I'll pass on the results if there is enough response.

Best,

Foob

Poll
1. Which ASL Products do you own and play?
Exclusivly Starter Kits (any or all)
Exlcusivly Full ASL
Both Starter Kits and Full ASL
2. If you play Starter Kits, which products do you own?
Starter Kit 1 Only (Infantry)
Starter Kit 2 (Guns)
Starter Kit 3 (Vehicles)
Starter Kit Mini-Expansion "Beyond the Beaches"
Starter Kit Expansion Pack #1
3. How interested are you in the following additional Starter Kit Products?
  I'd preorder that without a second thought I'd be very tempted to buy that when it came out I'm not sure I'd buy that I'm not interested in that at all
I do not play ASL with the Starter Kit rules (please check "not interested" and do not answer any more questions).
I play Starter Kit / more new geomorphic boards and scenarios similar to the expansion pack.
I play Starter Kit / A supplement that allows me to purchase "Beyond Valor" (Full ASL Module 1) and adjusts the scenarios so they are playable with Starter Kit rules, perhaps with a few extra ASL rules tossed in to make it work better.
I play Starter Kit / a historical campaign game with a big map
I play Starter Kit / a "Starter Kit #4" that adds more rules and takes me the next step toward Full ASL
      102 answers
Poll created by fubar awol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Goldberg
United States
Bonnots Mill
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Boy the way Glenn Miller played // Songs that made the Hit Parade // Guys like us we had it made // Those were the days.
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to see a program where you send in your UPC codes from the boxes of SK's 1, 2, and 3, and MMP mails you a coupon for some decent percent-off coupon on your first full ASL purchase - say 40 or 50% off - which would be redeemable at FLGS's as well as on the MMP site. Kind of like a real manufacturer would.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Packard
United States
Palmdale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems odd that you have an option for I own ASLSK#1 only, but not an option for merely "I own ASLSK#1" (which would indicate I own that plus others. I chose this option and one other, hoping that the "only" word wasn't significant.

Also, I didn't understand the first option of the final poll. I don't play ASL with SK rules. I play ASLSK with SK rules. But I had definite opinions on the remaining questions, so I followed the instructions to mark "no interest" on the first one, but I did answer the questions on the rest.

Possibly it meant if I had no interest in playing ASL with SK rules, then skip the rest, but I think I still answered correctly. From what I understand, playing ASL with SK rules doesn't tend to work for various reasons, but I'd be interested in being able to go some steps closer to ASL with future SK products.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierce Ostrander
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WhiteKnight85 wrote:
It seems odd that you have an option for I own ASLSK#1 only, but not an option for merely "I own ASLSK#1" (which would indicate I own that plus others. I chose this option and one other, hoping that the "only" word wasn't significant.

The word only should not be there. I can't change a poll question once it is entered. It's not that important.

WhiteKnight85 wrote:
Also, I didn't understand the first option of the final poll. I don't play ASL with SK rules. I play ASLSK with SK rules. But I had definite opinions on the remaining questions, so I followed the instructions to mark "no interest" on the first one, but I did answer the questions on the rest.

I think ASL SK is still ASL. It is a subset. When I mean ASL with the ASL rulebook I typically use the words "full ASL". Of course your thinking makes sense too.

WhiteKnight85 wrote:
Possibly it meant if I had no interest in playing ASL with SK rules, then skip the rest, but I think I still answered correctly. From what I understand, playing ASL with SK rules doesn't tend to work for various reasons, but I'd be interested in being able to go some steps closer to ASL with future SK products.

My Questions would be phrased a little differently if I could write them over. What I meant when I asked "if you play ASL with the SK rules" is "if you play ASLSK". I was trying to exclude people who ONLY play full ASL and are here whine about the existence of the starter kits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Packard
United States
Palmdale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK to all that. I appreciate and understand your explanations.

In re-reading what I wrote, I hope I didn't sound like I was complaining and picking apart your wording. I only intended to point out that I was confused here and there, and explained some of my answers in case it skewed your results (which would be further skewed if others had the same questions that I had).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.