James Derbyshire
United Kingdom
Norton Mandeville
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

Started playing Scenario 1 with my wife last night. We played until the second Event card was revealed and then stopped for the evening. We

I am the Keeper. She controls two investigators.

I forget which story path I have chosen (and i also forgot to check what the winning conditions are!)

Thus far I have noticed it is almost impossible for me to spawn any monsters. I know this is a monster light scenario, but I can't even get one on. She is keeping both investigators together at all times.

How can I mitigate this?

To be honest, it has been an extremely boring experience for me (Keeper) thus far. Each turn I take a Mythos and Trauma card and that's pretty much all I can do.

(also, I was sure there was a limit to how many Mythos and trauma cards the Keeper can hold, but when I double checked last night, i couldn't see it anywhere. 4 of each rings a bell, or have I made that up?)

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. D
United States
Oneonta
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You are remembering correctly. The hand limit is 4 of each type of card.

It's been awhile since I played scenario 1, but I'm pretty sure an event (#2 I think) spawns a monster.

I also believe that you have the Keeper Action card that allows you to move an investigator. So....save up your threat, then seperate one investigator into a room by themselves and bring out the maniac. And use those mythos cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Above poster is correct. Use Uncontrollable Urges to move an investigator into a different room, then launch a maniac at one of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Chandler
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One of your keeper cards for two points allows you to move a investigator to an adjacent space. And then for 4 points you can put out your Maniac.

Note. Per the Card instructions: You cannot put a Maniac out if there is already one in play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Derbyshire
United Kingdom
Norton Mandeville
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, OK. Thanks. I hadn't thought of that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jen McTeague
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Also, Panic is really good at splitting up Investigators. Other Mythos and trauma cards will help too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
Events 1 and 3 also give you monsters, which could encourage the investigators to split themselves up (one goes after the clues while the other chases down the Sample-stealing Zombie). Plus, all three Objectives have some Objective-specific mechanic for spawning additional monsters in the endgame.

I would also recommend playing with three investigators rather than two; it allows the investigators to divide up work better and gives the Keeper more threat to do stuff with, which leads to a more interesting game for both sides.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Derbyshire
United Kingdom
Norton Mandeville
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
salty53 wrote:
Events 1 and 3 also give you monsters
I checked this and it's only if the respective clues had been found. Otherwise it's just one horror for each investigator.

Either way, I've clearly approached playing the Keeper wrongly. Hopefully it'll be different when we recommence.

Thanks all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.