FAB: Sicily» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Mini-scenario balance? (Spoiler?) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Talorien
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Allies have 4 turns to basically get to Areas 26 and 25.

I played as Axis and held an unflankable line at areas 13-6-11.

Area 11 has a defense bonus and Area 6 has double bonus.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Turn 1

Allied Turn - Axis committed all Assets to defend area 13, taking hits on Assets. Just managed to hold with 1 hit remaining.

Axis Turn - Rushed the Geman Mech units in area 17 to reinforce areas 6 and 13. Fortified area 6.

From then on I just held that line until the end of the game.

By turn 3 it was mathematically impossible for the Allies to win (I think).

The furthest north they could possibly reach by game end was the area 16-15-14 line (they only managed to get as far as areas 12 and 14 in the end).

The Allies threw everything into the area 13 attack (Naval, Air Support, using Special Action to initiate 2nd attack etc) but it managed to hold.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

With the stacking limit of 2 (attacker can't overstack except by playing 9 Assets to defender's 5) it's quite hard to break down a determined defense.

I haven't tried the full game. I'm assuming that it's more possible to flank, with a bigger map?

We still enjoyed the mini-scenario and it served its purpose of helping us learn the rules.

Let me know if we got a rule wrong or something, that makes it easier to attack...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.