Hide
16 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » United States » Southeast

Subject: Cumming/Dahlonega/Gainesville Georgia Groups rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
TJ Chapley
msg tools
Are their any groups in this area that play a variety of games? I know there are a few groups closer to Atlanta, but the drive for those is too long for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Corbin
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tjchap2840 wrote:
Are their any groups in this area that play a variety of games? I know there are a few groups closer to Atlanta, but the drive for those is too long for me.

The closest regular public group I know of is in Alpharetta (meets twice a month).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Clarkson
United States
Watertown
NEW YORK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be interested in a group if there are any near Savannah or Richmond Hill Ga.

Doc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Other Tom
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know of any off the top of my head. I'm in the Cleveland area and sometimes will meet gamers down in the Suwanee area at the Tower Game Center. I mostly just game with my girlfriend other than that.

If you know a few people interested in starting a group in this area I've got a wide range of games I can bring to the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ Chapley
msg tools
I would definitely try to form a group up with you if I knewknee people that were interested. I tried making a group with a few friends that seemed interested but they pretty much stopped making an effort to come almost immediately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Other Tom
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can understand your frustration there. It seems in less populated areas it is difficult to find people willing to play something other than Apple to Apples or some other party game.

I've found you really have to ease people into the hobby starting off with fairly simple games usually.

If you are willing to make the drive I'll hit you up next time I have a few people over for games. My problem is more so getting the people that will play to come on some sort of regular basis.

If you manage to get one person on board there is a wide range of games that play great for two out there though. So don't think you can't have fun gaming with only two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Clarkson
United States
Watertown
NEW YORK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree...I have gotten three other couples to really love ticket to ride, pandemic, and dominion...but getting to play on a regular baSIS is difficult.

Doc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gilmore
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
We have a growing group at my new store in Alpharetta.

9850 Nesbit Ferry Rd
Suite 21

We play a wide range of games like warhammer 40k, all the D&D board games, puerto rico, catan, dominion, magic, and anything that Steve Jackson makes.

I just signed up here, and I'm looking forward to participating!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Stetson
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mb
I'm in John's Creek (Alpharetta, basically) and there's a lot of stuff here. I'm not sure exactly how far we are from you, but in the grand scheme of GA gaming, I think we're close. Also, Tower up in Suwanee does a weekly thing, I think. If you ever want to meet up at FCB games, just PM me and we can meet up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gilmore
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
happycannibal wrote:
I'm in John's Creek (Alpharetta, basically) and there's a lot of stuff here. I'm not sure exactly how far we are from you, but in the grand scheme of GA gaming, I think we're close. Also, Tower up in Suwanee does a weekly thing, I think. If you ever want to meet up at FCB games, just PM me and we can meet up.

I'm at FCB pretty much all the time. I own the place and almost live here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ Chapley
msg tools
I am in Dahlonega now, but I hope to be moving to Alpharetta very soon depending on the budget for a programming job I have been offered.

Right now the drive is just to far. I am really excited to move to Alpharetta though because I have known about all the board gaming groups down there and the surrounding area for a little while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gilmore
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
tjchap2840 wrote:
I am in Dahlonega now, but I hope to be moving to Alpharetta very soon depending on the budget for a programming job I have been offered.

Right now the drive is just to far. I am really excited to move to Alpharetta though because I have known about all the board gaming groups down there and the surrounding area for a little while.

Well definitely give us a look.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn D
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be interested in joining/starting a group in Dawsonville/Dahlonega. I live about 4-5 miles from each respective "town square"...right in between, and also do not feel inclined to drive to Atlanta...

Also will look into FCB.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike C
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
I'm hoping to start or join a group when I move to the area in June. I like a variety of board games, strategy games, and tabletop RPGs. I'll be able to host in Cumming, GA. If anyone is interested drop me a line.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Todd
United States
Dawsonville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I live in Dawsonville, near the outlet mall. i own around 50 games, just look at my profile. I'll gladly go to Cumming or Dahlonega for a game session. Both are only minutes away from me. anyone who needs another player just send me a message. I'll play any board game once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rickshaw Bracket
United States
flag msg tools
I will be moving to Dahlonega later this summer. I would be interested in joining a group in the area to play some board games. If anyone is interested in starting one or already has one that I could join, please let me know!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.