Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Jensen
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The announcement was released on March 31 to vendors.

Here are more details on the new game:
http://www.axisandallies.org/p/new-game-announcement-axis-al...

I wonder if the game will hold to the claim that it only takes 1.5 - 2 hours to play. They must be borrowing from some of the ideas from Euro/Strategy games. Maybe there is a limited number of turns?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is interesting to me, as I might get my son and wife to play this version! Also, as an enfranchised player, I do love this aspect:

New Units: A key feature for enfranchised players is an entirely new set of unit sculpts. There are 16 all-new designs such as the P-40 Warhawk, Tiger Tank, AVRO Lancaster, FW-190, IS-2 tank, HMS Hood, He-111, and the Akagi Aircraft Carrier. These playing pieces can be used in any other A&A game, and will be desirable to players who seek to expand their A&A collections.

I am definitely getting this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Chick (Formerly Paul O'Sullivan)
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
Fag an bealac! Riam nar druid ar sbarin lann! Cuimhnigidh ar Luimnech agus feall na Sassonach! Erin go Bragh! Remember Limerick! Remember Ireland and Fontenoy!
badge
Well, I'm afraid it'll have to wait. Whatever it was, I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman round here?
mbmbmbmbmb
This might be worth buying. I'm still waiting for this series to feature more Soviets on the cover come on guys, the Cold War is over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Kaufmann
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
160 plastic pieces (32 per nation)

??????????????????? only 32 per nation?

Quote:
I wonder if the game will hold to the claim that it only takes 1.5 - 2 hours to play. They must be borrowing from some of the ideas from Euro/Strategy games. Maybe there is a limited number of turns?

See above...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damo
Australia
Hobart
Tasmania
flag msg tools
Look Up! Stay Alive!
badge
http://australianmuseum.net.au/Drop-Bear
mbmbmbmbmb
desertfox2004 wrote:
This is interesting to me, as I might get my son and wife to play this version! Also, as an enfranchised player, I do love this aspect:

New Units: A key feature for enfranchised players is an entirely new set of unit sculpts. There are 16 all-new designs such as the P-40 Warhawk, Tiger Tank, AVRO Lancaster, FW-190, IS-2 tank, HMS Hood, He-111, and the Akagi Aircraft Carrier. These playing pieces can be used in any other A&A game, and will be desirable to players who seek to expand their A&A collections.

I am definitely getting this!

I think I'll just buy the plastics

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Forster
United States
Oregon City
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
32 figures per nation seems really low. Anyone know how many there are per country in the 1942 version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Kaufmann
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
370 game pieces altogether - this new one will be one for kiddies, it seems. A pity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nameless Necromancer
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
Do what yhou wilt shall be the whole of the Law." - Aleister Crowley
badge
"I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine." - John Galt
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played and enjoyed every version since the original Nova Games release in '81 but find myself underwhelmed by this.

But having said that, I ditto Gittes above in demanding more Soviets on the cover cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Belvidere
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just checked the Wizards of the Coast Website and looked for the flyers and they don't exist. Maybe this was an April Fools from Hasbro.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runs with scissors
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
You say OCD like it's a bad thing.
mbmbmbmbmb
A&A 41release has been announced!!!

Krieghund weighed in after April 2nd, so I'm assuming it's for real. With a list of $30, it seems targeted to get many people to get it mostly for pieces for their other games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.